coupe's xjs

Image005.jpg

*The jaguar should always come first not an american pimp wagon :)

Although it was a very hard choice between a 69'/70' Buick electra and my XJS.

i have just about had enough of this car.

i just had to get the reversing lights sorted and i could take it for its mot fail.
will they work. humpf

now the engine is not running right.

nearly put a hammer through the windscreen in frustration.

well all the wiring is now sorted.at last.

engine is running fine.

dash is sorted.

waiting for some good weather so i can splash some matt black paint over it.

it will get finished one day.

oh how i would love a garage to work in.:lol:

Good news. It is a pain without a garage. Good job I've just got one :cheesy:

I'm looking forwards to this, it's going to look unreal in matt black.

still need to alter the rear bumper to match the front one, but that can be done later.

what about a matt grey stripe down the middle of the car.??

The grey stripe may look pretty good IMO.

Just a quick question buddy.
Would you like me to move this thread to the project and wips section seeing as this is turning into a real interesting build.;)

yeah why not.

i'm designing a flat under body at the mo.
well trying to anyway.
was thinking of lagging all the exhaust so i can run a flat plate over the underside.
got part of the front plate designed and fitted.:D

agreed
i like that idea, i got some gloss black as well.

if the rain ever stops i will get it sprayed.

decided to take off the huge rear spoiler as well.
gonna make a small boot flip and concentrate on under body work.

well as it was raining yet again.:mad:

it was time to have a look at some of the tatty trim.

Image001-18.jpg

roof trim as it was.

Image002-14.jpg

bit of leather cloth.

Image004-4.jpg

lots of glue and pegs later.
not bad.
got the other one to do yet.

Image006-1.jpg

the new center pannel i made and covered.
black switch is for the ariel.
red switch is the reversing lights.
electric windows and sat nav mount.

hi coupe, its certainally looking good , just one thing ------- if you ever see another steering wheel the same as yours at the price you payed to the blind seller please think of me & i am not joking .

well
the rain stayed off
managed to get the first coat of matt black on.
Image007-2.jpg

Image008-1.jpg

need to flat it back tomorrow ready for the next coat.
bumpers will be done gloss black and i have a bit of mesh for the front air intake.

hi coupe , if your looking at lowering the front there are white nylon or similar rings located at rhe top and bottom of the whish bone springs , removing them will lower the ride height at a ratio of three to one ( take out 1/4" and lower by 3/4" ) or the ( gas axe ) oxy torch to cut the coils back , crude but effective . The rears can be lowered by moving the retainer on the shocks , i have adjustable coil overs and stiffer , lowered king springs front and rear but used the above methods to lower the ride height untill i could gather the parts required , remember parts are dificult and costly in australia .

you will need to jack up and take a good look at what your suspension looks like . jack up the front end off the cross member , place two workshop stands under the front tow points as high as possible ,then remove the trolly jack and use it to jack up one side of the suspension allowing room to remove the half a dozen bolts that hold the bottom spring retainer to the wish bone frame ( the shocks are easy to remove do them first )
when all bolts are out lower the jack and the spring will come away at the same time , repeat for the other side ( mod as required )
The rear springs come away with the shocks and its only a few nuts to remove them , fit the assembly into a press and remove the spring retainers , locate as low as you want . you can also try king springs i can advise the part numbers if you require
regards

cool

thanks for that.
be another job soon then.
need to do the top coat of paint next.
then the springs
then finish the front flat pan.

it looks good!!!!!!:bigsmile:
are you going to lacquer it??? or just just leave it matt black???

just 1 thing i dont like and thats the front fog lights. imo they just dont seem to suit the rest of the car:(

Looking sweet buddy. Don't lacquer it leave it matte black. Black out everything and give it the proper "Murdered" look. It's suppose to be all the rage at the min.

i think the stuff herb is on about gives you the protection of laquar without the shine. i remember him mentioning it to me when i was spraying the consoles in the car

it can stay as it is over winter now.
next spring it will get yet more coats of matt black.
just needed some paint on her to stop it rusting.
back to mechanicals now.

i think the stuff herb is on about gives you the protection of laquar without the shine. i remember him mentioning it to me when i was spraying the consoles in the car

Yes it's called Lacquer lol. You can either get a ready made Matt/Satin Lacquer or buy a flattening agent to add yourself. You can paint with a gloss colour and use a matt lacquer on the top coat and the finished will be matt.