Can anyone possibly help me?

cruisearound.ie

Recently a fella signed up to my site and says he has a mark 4 1.8 turbo golf that is 300+bhp can anyone possible tell me what he may have done to gte hte bhp so high as he is not tellinh any of us what he did.

Not a lot really needed on those engines. Turbo swap to probably a Garratt GT or a audi TT turbo (225 bhp) and a remap probably custom when you go over 250. The 1.8T VAG engines are very strong and easy to tune without having to take them to pieces.

Other than 10bhp or so at peak revs it wont really help much without a remap so it might hit 160-165bhp assuming it was a 150bhp engine.

On these engines a remap or sports tuning box will make a massive difference. Perhaps he has also got a boost controller fitted as well.

300bhp+ golf

i have read recently about possible tuning to a 1.8 T golf, the person you know must have some serious money to get that sort of power. there is a 1.8 lump with everything uprated, capable of up to 400bhp for £2995, a turbo that fits that engine capable of 400bhp, which i dont know the price but the 290bhp turbo is around £1300. uprated intercooler kit for £600. and a high-flow inlet manifold for £400. the Revo stage 3 software is recommended, and from what i hear you can push well over 300bhp. that is what i would call a monster off a car :lol: but im new to the tuning world so dont take my word for it

While doing some serious research for my own car I came across this from Awesome GTi. This is a stage 3 system and you would need to have done some basic work on the car first. Also look out for a service interval of about 5000 miles or less. If you abuse it, it will blow up in spectacular fashion.

APR 1.8T 150/180 Stage 3+ Turbo kit
APR announces the Stage III+ kit, the ultimate turbo system upgrade for post 2000 150/180 1.8T engined VAG cars. This kit is capable of 340 horsepower and 332 foot-pounds of torque at the flywheel, while retaining stock-like drivability. The highlights of the kit include the following:

APR Twin wall tubular Exhaust Manifold
Garrett GT28RS Ball-Bearing Turbocharger
Larger APR designed Mass Airflow Sensor Housing
APR Custom Cast Silicone Intake Hoses
APR High Flow Fuel Injectors
Uprated Fuel Pump & 4 Bar Pressure Regulator
All Associate Plumbing and Hardware

The power increase with the APR Stage III+ kit for the 150/180 1.8T is substantial - a front mount intercooler is necessary to sustain power levels. It is also highly recommended that brake and suspension upgrades are done to safely use the potential of this upgrade.

Mk4 Golf 150HP car with performance exhaust, intercooler and induction kit.

APR 1.8T 150/180 Stage 3+ Turbo kit APR-STAGE3- £4495

If you want this kind of power ur better with a 6cyl car like an R32. Stock R32 plus basic upgrades and some basic weight reduction should easily match this level of performance without sacrificing drivalbility. It would cost less as well.