Avoiding Car parking fines

wezzel98765

Road Burner
Car
Renault Clio 1.2 8V
Well, I'm thoughtful and I thought that I would upload this for you all :)

my.php

The trick is of course not to park where you shouldn't!

The most important thing (even more important than the traffic signs and road markings), is that the local authority have put in place a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) - this is what makes the restriction legally enforceable.

You could request a copy of the TRO for the length of road where you were parked - if the plans and/or the written description of the location, length and type of restriction don't match up to what's been put in the road then you really can rip your ticket up.

That's still some shady practices i think.

For example:
One city put up like one sign for the whole city that said "no parking on city streets from 4am-5am", and they just issued tickets out like hot cakes.

bad ethics on the cities parking enforcement.

Signs have to be placed suitably such that they are visible and legible to anybody to whom they might apply. A documented TRO policy is inadequate in itself if the availability of such is not made clear upon the signs thus presented at the roadside.

Signs have to be placed suitably such that they are visible and legible to anybody to whom they might apply. A documented TRO policy is inadequate in itself if the availability of such is not made clear upon the signs thus presented at the roadside.

This is true, however many 'metropolitan' areas have adopted Controlled Parking Zones, or CPZs and these show where one may park rather than where one may not. Generally this is to reduce sign clutter and overuse of carriageway markings.

I appreciate the post,some good tips in there mate. I think anything related to parking fines is entitled for a rant. Its got to be one of our pet hates, along with unfair speeding enforcement and tax.