Are you a boy racer at heart

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Would you admit to being a bit of a boy racer at heart? Do you publicly condemn things you'd do or put on your car if you could get away with it?

I think there is a fine line between being a boy racer and car enthusiast and just wondered what you all thought but the lines are very easily blurred.

Burning people off at lights, taking fast corners, spinning up the tyres, revving hard, accelerating hard? - are these all boy racer traits?

Although I do my very utmost to be sensible and good, but on the very odd occasion, I will admit to being naughty sometimes ;)

Yes.
Used to race for money on the highway (at night,1/4mile on empty duel carriageways).
Leopard, spots, etc

after you with the leopard OG

But the roads were completely different 25 years ago
(sorry make that nearly 50 years ago )

after you with the leopard OG

But the roads were completely different 25 years ago
(sorry make that nearly 50 years ago )

:)

Agreed. Late at night up until early morning is was sometimes spot another car. These days there isn't a quiet time.

I'm not. I like fast cars and I like my hot hatches but my favourite arena in any car always has been a deserted, open country road with no other drivers around.

One of the best drives I've ever had must be over 20 years ago now, in a brand new at the time Cavalier hire car. I drove late at night from Manchester up across the moors and into the Yorkshire dales. It was cool, clear and there were very few other cars around, especially once I got up past the M62 and into the countryside proper.