Are you a boy racer?

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Who would admit to being a boy racer and how are you defining boy racer?

Can you get "old boy" racers for example? Is it the car or the driver?

im not a boy racer,im a lunitic,ha ha.i saw an old man[40ish]driving a mr2 one day,and he giving it welly.is he a man racer?from my expieriance its the car,if its fast your going to drive fast.i think its people who would love a fast car,but cant have one are the people who call us boy racers,because old men in fast cars will not call you boy racer,they will race you

Who would admit to being a boy racer and how are you defining boy racer?

Can you get "old boy" racers for example? Is it the car or the driver?

I'm 55.......:)

Used to race for money back in the 70s. A little more sensible now, plus more aware of my mortality and lack of driving skill compared to how good I thought I was.

no i dissagree i think its the driver that determines whether a person is a boy racer as everyone knows that civic's are boy racer cars however they are usually first bought by old grannys

It should be the driver that determines if you are a boy racer or not but the car plays a role.

If someone tried to burn me off at the lights in a Robin Reliant would he be a boy racer?

Nope not a boy racer, costs too much in petrol and tyres. might be something to do with there being no point most of the time.

id say its more the driver have a look around and most drive 1.0 to 1.4s with next to no power.

Waynne yes but can you really race a robin

Race is not the work really - I know it has a weight advantage.

I took one on at some lights - in 1st I left it standing, up to second and I was miles ahead of it but 5 minutes later it overtook me and despite pedalling as hard as I could I couldn't catch it :lol: Ii was 5 at the time!

Last edited:
Nope not a boy racer, costs too much in petrol and tyres. might be something to do with there being no point most of the time.

id say its more the driver have a look around and most drive 1.0 to 1.4s with next to no power.

my 1.4 isnt that bad for power!

also no one suspects me in a rover to go racing off at the lights

there is a guy that lives near me he is retiered smokes weed and drives a black tinted full body kit 3 series bmw red brake claipers the works haha he is well cool

let me paint a picture of me and my cars.

and you may have found your definition of a boy racer!

previous car corsa SXi blacked out frount and back windows lexus lights exhuastics.com exhaust system full, full fusion sub kit aswell as fusion 6x9's dvd player only ripspeed though. eurosport alloys slamed down 50 mill and debadged and air filter, changed frount and back grills!

car now! taken out fusion sound system placed in saxo, VTR back box masked VTR lights, gladiator body kit slamed again 50 mill, k&n air filter anouther rip speed dvd player. bucket seats and back blacked out windows. saxo light and eurosport alloys, debadged and smoothed!

make your choice!

Generally a boy racer will drive a 1 litre 'bubble corsa' (no offense intended), with typical mods being an induction kit, lexus lights, a body kit and red painted drums. They will usually race it around the streets as if it was a Skyline and then pull up beside you at lights revving and trying to race you. I am not a boy racer!!

P.s. Titan...Civic's are not boy racer cars...they are more 'tuner' cars. Old people may buy them from time to time but they are usually bought by people who wish to tune up a car.

About the only place you find the older civics here is on the tracks! Not very many on the streets anymore. Guess i am in the zone just above "boy racer" with my 2.5:lol:;)

lol yea, but this has probably already been said, but old people also drive boy racer cars i mean like 50+ saw an old couple in a ford focus st yesterday at pet station, had a dump valve on too :lol:

but you always see them in corsas old and new, saxos, puntos, fiestas, astras, so really there is no difference between old and young!

im not a boy racer.

im a MAN racer :p

seriously tho, racing is for the tracks, to many idiots on the road to race, aswell as police. not safe to do it.

talking about old people in boy racer cars, there is this old woman near me

prolly bout 50ish driving around a skyline R34 :amazed:

i wouldnt think so, as i always see her driving it an no-one else.

imo she would have been better off getting something like a landy.
she drives it so slow it wouldnt matter heh

i wouldnt say i was a boy racer but it is quite amusing when i am sat at traffic lights minding my own business in my 2.5 straight six 5 series(192 bhp) when a boy racer comes along side you revving the life out of his car(probably a 1.2 punto with a bean tin hanging under the rear bumper lol)and thinks he can get away before you thats when the man gene kicks in and you have to teach him a lesson he wont forget in a hurry.....

i wouldnt say i was a boy racer but it is quite amusing when i am sat at traffic lights minding my own business in my 2.5 straight six 5 series(192 bhp) when a boy racer comes along side you revving the life out of his car(probably a 1.2 punto with a bean tin hanging under the rear bumper lol)and thinks he can get away before you thats when the man gene kicks in and you have to teach him a lesson he wont forget in a hurry.....

I HAVE TO AGREE 110%:lol: