Is Boy racer the car or the driver

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
For someone to be classed as a boy racer is it down to the car or the driver or a bit of both?

Surely if you're young in a rubbish slow car you still drive quickly and erratically earning yourself the title of boy racer. Or is the term "boy racer" in your mind someone who drives a certain type of car regardless of thier driving style?

Bit of both IMO. You need a sporty looking car with a few "performance" upgrades and the "I'm the best driver in the world mentality." to make it to "boy racer".

Plenty of stickers along with some stretch on hella flush rimz and dumped to the max are the hallmarks of a boy racer/ricer :rolleyes: \B

Wearing a flat cap at any angle is also part of the image as well.

The car didn't put the stickers on.
Neither did it fit the pointless exhaust/neon lights/whatever.

The owner did and if he bought like that's down to him as well .

Plenty of boy racers around my neighbourhood :(
They seem to deem it a challenge to test out the claimed 0-60mph time of the manufacturer, and if this isn't enough, then they try to make the car look like the more expensive model in the range. A good example of this would be the ridiculous amount of BMW M-series cars driving about with standard wheels, non flared wheel arches and a single outlet exhaust system with a diameter of an empty toilet roll.

Over here they also fit a polished stainless rear silencer ??? that has an inlet diameter of T9's toilet roll centre and a 4 inch tip and they sound just awful.\B

Is it any wonder we call them "fart cans"

Typo correction when I mentioned "flat caps" I should have typed flat brim baseball type caps .V(.V(

Last edited: