What is a boy racer

RobBentley

The Torque Meister
Car
Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
What do you consider a boy racer - as this will help us answer the are you a boy racer thread question?

I generally call them the corsa/saxo club that hang around McDonald's car parks at 2am.... Something I've never done.

Last edited by a moderator:
The genre has evolved (or devolved depending on your point of view and age) over the years. When TV was in monochrome, with only 3 or 4 channels, the term didn't exist and we were just stupid little oikes in our souped up wrecks.

However, what mods we could do were usually aimed at performance rather than looks (with the exception of the rear jacked up and under car lighting brigade). These days anyone with aloud exhaust and stretched tyres is classed as a boy racer. Hell, there are even girl racers now (wouldn't have been allowed in my time :) ).

If you have to ask you must be one! ;)

Here's my definition.
It is a negative term in my eyes, and applies to ANY RECKLESS DRIVING MALE YOUTH! Key points being BOY - young person and male and RACER - driving quickly and making lots of noise! ;)

Should we be less sexist and call them person racers?

No, if they are a boy they are a boy racer, if a girl then they are a girl racer. Simple and not sexist :)

Boy racers generally try to make their cars look and sound fast in the mistaken belief that this will make them so,
They then drive as it were and then meet up to tell each other stories that confirm it.
these meets are often in Halfords car parks because they know where they are

They do have one other thing in common - they have absolutely no idea how fast a real fast cars is.

They do have one other thing in common - they have absolutely no idea how fast a real fast cars is.

Agreed, but we were all in that situation when we were young. Some move on to faster cars but most just move on to lots of kids and benefit payments :)

forgot to add...........

you cant be a boy racer with a real fast car because if the boy racer drives it like theye drove their corsa/saxo/etc within a week or two either the car or the br would likely be dead.