a mental note for next year

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
well the sun was out the roads where dry and my car is running 100% so i decided to go for a spirited drive today down my favorite a roads what a mistake this turned out to be!! to many idiots must have had the same idea
the first idiot was doing 40mph on a 60mph road so when it was clear i started to overtake didnt even drop a gear cause i knew i could easily pass in 5th at the speed he was going but as i start to overtake he speeds up :mad: so seeing a car approaching i have to drop a gear to get past safely :( (lets just say i wasnt pleased at his action and he got a hand gesture)
the 2nd idiot was a merc driver trying to race a bike the bike was right behind me ready to overtake it became clear for him and he overtook the 3 cars holding him up the merc driver tried to do the same only to have to pull infront of me then to over take the other 2 cars in a dangerously small gap (luckily the car infront must have been watching and slowed down)
the 3rd idiot was a biker we where stuck behand a car doing 40mph (again :mad:) so me and the biker know we are approaching a dual carridgeway so he moves into the overtake position i signal right top let him know im comming out aswell i drop it to third then put my foot down overtake the car infront and pull back in he overtakes both of us then we get stuck behind 5 cars all driving close to each other on double whit lines (so no safe overtaking) but this bike decides hes still going to overtake these 5 cars and in the process nearly has a head on crash with another biker :amazed:
and lastly the 4th idiot i could hear a siren in the distance but couldnt see the fire engine but i eventually see it in my rear view mirror so i signal and pull over the fire enginge goes past so i signal back out and look in my wing mirror the car behind me flashes (just to say yes its ok) so i pull out only for a car to pull swiftly pull infront of me and make me slam my brakes on i have no idea how many cars back this idiot decided hes going to follow the fire engine but he nearly hit me and the oncoming car :mad:
so at this point i decided im really not enjoying this drive so i went home

but the mental note i have to make for next year is dont go out for a fun drive on the first dry, warm, light sunday after winter :amuse:

It's usually worth coming down a cog to pass just to cover for the odd idiot who tries to obstruct you. That way you don't have to waste time changing once you're committed to the manouevre if you suddenly need even more acceleration. These prats should be banned from driving. They seem to think that overtaking is a criminal offenceand that theire duty is to stop you getting past even if that involves forcing you into a head on collision.

If an accident resulting in death occured in such a situation I'd be looking to bring a charge of culpable manslaughter.

TO be honest, if I were caught in a situation where I HAD to choose between a head on crash or side swipe I'd choose the side swipe, quite probably forcing the obstructing vehicle completely off the road.

I, too, despair of the attention and total lack of skill displayed by a lot of road users. Strangely, there's no stereotype applicable to them.

Last edited:
It's usually worth coming down a cog to pass just to cover for the odd idiot who tries to obstruct you. That way you don't have to waste time changing once you're committed to the manouevre if you suddenly need even more acceleration. These prats should be banned from driving. They seem to think that overtaking is a criminal offenceand that theire duty is to stop you getting past even if that involves forcing you into a head on collision.

If an accident resulting in death occured in such a situation I'd be looking to bring a charge of culpable manslaughter.

TO be honest, if I were caught in a situation where I HAD to choose between a head on crash or side swipe I'd choose the side swipe, quite probably forcing the obstructing vehicle completely off the road.

I, too, despair of the attention and total lack of skill displayed by a lot of road users. Strangely, there's no stereotype applicable to them.

very true and normally i would drop a gear to overtake someone but i presumed (wrongly i know now) that he was committed to 40mph he was doing :mad:

and i couldnt agree more with your other points and i think exactly the same way

It is carnage as soon as summer starts. Your best bet is an early sunday morning run at around 05:20-06:00.

I had a moron pull out on me and then drive slowly braking for every bend and oncoming cars doing 40 in a 50 zone! The annoying thing was there were no cars behind me so he could have waited instead of pulling out and causing me to brake hard!!:evil:

i had one the day as well, went to overtake on a straight and he started to mve into the middle of the road.
slammed on the brakes and hit the horn - wifey sitting passenger just turned round and look at me, yup youve guessed it old git syndrome

(no referance to our on old-git of course)

Last night, going home, on the 60mph stretch after a fairly sharp S Bend, the road straightens out and is perfect for overtaking, so I came out from behind the bus pootling along at 20 or so. There's a motorbi-sexual-cyclist (I have nothing against bikers, just this one) behind me, who follows me round the bus, then the useless, worthless moron cuts in and undertakes me when I'm trying to come back in!!! EEJIT!!!

Ooo, I wasn't happy.

You don't seem to get brave bikers, just stupid ones. I find the bigger the bike the better the riders skills.