TCJB's next track day in 2020

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It's the final of the Time Attack series @ my local track and am looking forward to finding out exactly how my FORZA FP3 front pads hold up to the 5 hot lap sessions .

Am going to do a bit of LFB on the slower corners to see if that helps the turn in and exit speeds as have been training my left foot to modulate the pressures as much as possible on the roads and now have developed a pretty good feel with room for improvement.

Will be trying 25/28 front to rear pressures and checking tyre temperatures as well as I have Nankangs recommended adjustment ranges.

Have been trying to get a mate to meet for a bit of a challenge but he was unable to get time off so we plan to meet on a weekend practice day later next month

Was a hot afternoon and set some very consistent times but no PB's but was impressed by the bite of the FORZA FP3 pads over the hot lap sessions as their bite remained consistent every lap.

Despite the heat the Honda's water temp gauge barely moved the whole day as the motor was taken to 8k revs in all gears every lap.

I have a "Mid Week sprints" event @ my local track on Dec 2 coming up next week so have set the rear ARB at the stiffest setting so looking forward to see if that setting helps the car rotate better with less front end push exiting corners under power.

At legal speeds on the road I can easily feel the cornering line tighten up with a lift off the gas so I can always use that if running too wide powering out of a corner.