Torque Cars

TCJB's next track day

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by TCJBOLDIE, 30 September 2019.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    It's on my wife's birthday next week and am looking forward to seeing how much difference the rear WHITELINE adjustable bar makes at my local track.

It is on the 2nd stiffer setting and hopefully it will help the CTR rotate more particularly around turns 4,5 & 6 where hopefully I can power out with less front end push which will help reduce lap times.

Turn 6 hairpin has 2 lines a single apex and a double apex and I prefer the single line and if the rear bar helps reduce the FWD built in understeer as expected it will help the exit speed as well as top speed before braking for turn 1.

On my last outing there I am right on 8000 RPM's in 4th before braking so if I need to change up OR hit the 8200 cut out before applying the brakes it will be the result of slightly higher exit speed entering the front straight.

Last edited: 1 October 2019
  2. andy206

andy206 Track Warrior

stoke on trent
    Car:
    Fiesta RS Turbo
    hope all goes well mate, when we fitted the whiteline rear arb to our fiesta st180 it absolutely transformed the car

3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Had a great time flinging the Honda around the track trying some left foot braking mixed with lift off to find out if they helped the car to rotate better and decided that I may need to adjust the rear bar to the next stiffer setting before the next track day.

Was chuffed to have 2 drivers in race cars that caught up to me before turn 1 and passed me on the next straight comment on how late I was braking as I was so confident that the AP Racing BBK would slow me down lap after lap and the bite was consistent during an 8 lap session.

andy206 likes this.