32 GTR project with a difference

I thought I would post up details of my other project.

Basically I am restoring an early 32GTR back to completely original spec that is exactly as it came out of the factory.

The car is a 1991 32GTR . Its main clain to fame is that it is in the rarest nissan factory colour . The code is BLO and it was a special order only.

It is a quite a strange pearlescent and can look grey, steel blue or even lilac in different lights.

27032008009.jpg

27032008015-2.jpg

31032008019.jpg

the32pic.jpg

I imported in from japan 2 or 3 years ago with the intention in having something different .......... a stock GTR

It seemed quite close to stock and only needed - suspension , air filters , exhaust and a few minor other things or so I thought.................

Last edited:
The colour is a pearlescent you cant polish it to give it a gloss - the sun doesnt make it look shiiner it changes the colour completely

The unusual thing about this colour is that instead of flipping on parts of the car the whole car seems to change.

As the post said that was a blue day.

gtr1.jpg

This was a lilac day where the car was in bright sun so the paintwork looks better

22122007199.jpg

But it is the same car same paint just different wheels

Last edited:
we now have an MOT :bigsmile:

Needed a new front wheel bearing and a driveshaft boot

The new oem discs are on and the rear ones have been skimmed. All the calipers rebuilt and new springs put on the back (they were cut down as well )

Ive wired the foglight into one of the reversing lamps and used a led bulb that looks clear but lights up red (very brightly) This is a definate improvement as the car now looks like it did out the factory.

The car has been checked over with a view of trying to get it to fail the MOT but with the above work it has passed.

I pick the car up on Friday so will have some new pics over the weekend

Meanwhile a few pics of the "damaged" splitter

th_IMG_0070.jpg
th_IMG_0066.jpg
th_IMG_0069.jpg
th_IMG_0067.jpg

and one when Id restored it

gtr7-1.jpg

Glad it passed mate! Such a gorgeous car!

After seeing such great work on this restoration, it makes me wonder why people ruin these classic Jap imports.

Im being picky here but it isnt really a restoration in the true sense of the word.

The car still has the original engine which hasnt even had the head off from new and all the panels are original apart from a very small amount by the rear quarter .
You cant see it from the outside and we only found this out when it was up on the ramps because but from underneath you can see where new small section was welded in (so no filler0.
Only consumables like discs, pads , wheel bearings and exhaust etc have been replaced the main car is still untouched.

quite a tribute to japanese engineering bearing in mind the condition and how quick it is for a 1991 car.

Im being picky here but it isnt really a restoration in the true sense of the word.

The car still has the original engine which hasnt even had the head off from new and all the panels are original apart from a very small amount by the rear quarter .
You cant see it from the outside and we only found this out when it was up on the ramps because but from underneath you can see where new small section was welded in (so no filler0.
Only consumables like discs, pads , wheel bearings and exhaust etc have been replaced the main car is still untouched.

quite a tribute to japanese engineering bearing in mind the condition and how quick it is for a 1991 car.

MA put it better then, 'De modding' :lol:

It really is astonishing how a car of this age has beaten the odds. Such as weather and general wear and tear. All it takes though is a determined owner and a previous owner who has also kept it in great condition.

an update
Got the wheels refurbed for JAE including getting the paint colour matched using an optical scan (whatever that is)
The new wheels

Plus a few pics of the GTR at JAE last weekend

He car got quite a lot of attention at JAE appently standard 32 GTRs are now cool ( or so Im told )

Last edited:
I had completely forgotten about this thread and just came across it searching for something else. . So an update................

The car seems to have become a bit of a celebrity after the EVO magazine article . I even had someone from the US email me last week because they are doing a car race game using standard spec cars. He wants some sound rceordings of the engine at various points in the rev range and some interior pics as they dont have one of a stock dash.

Also Ive just found a site with all the skyline GTR records on by chassis number. Found mine and confirmed it ahd the spec Ive got now out the factory.
Also I knew the colour was rare but the nissan records show only 141 32GTRs were made in the same colour as mine (Code BLO) thats a lot less that I thought so another positive.