Multi tasking behind the wheel

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you good at multitasking behind the wheel?

As a driver we should all be using our mirrors frequently (not just when we change direction), keep an eye on the distance and up close ahead and be aware of what the engine,gearbox is upto.

Then we have to cope with interior distractions (radio, people chatting, heating controls etc...)

Are men as good at multi tasking as women? Are you a good multi tasker?

not bad i can concentrate on the road and what about me while listening to music or having a conversation but not both together

im no where good at multitasking compared to the wife, however i am better than some of her mates

i can multi task to a reasonable extent, music and talking is no problem, the radio switch is close to the wheel so i can change station with my little finger without letting go of the wheel, i do ignore the mobile phone though, they do cause accidents, especially if you have a manual gearshift.

I can multi-task pretty well I think - but sometimes my girlfriend tells me off for pressing too many buttons :S - She's probably right.

You have to multitask to drive purposefully and safely. Having said that it's good practice to separate your major control inputs ie. to avoid overlapping steering, braking and changing. This is pretty much what the police system of car control requires and it does make good sense if applied correctly.