Best moment behind the wheel

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your best moment behind the wheel of a car (assuming you were driving and not doing anything else at the time!)

For me it's probably a drive we had through Wales in our A4 Quattro, the roads were all clear, twisty and with beautiful scenery I had one of the most enjoyable drives ever!

A trip through Snake pass was also good fun but over too quickly and there was a bit of traffic around on the road at the time.

There's been a few for various reasons but one drive that sticks in the mind was driving from South Beach Miami to Key West in a convertible Mustang. Roof down, Maroon 5 playing and enjoying the cruise with the good lady. Another was from Auckland to Rotorua, superb scenary and clear roads.

One of my best experiences behind the wheel was a track day at Silverstone in a Ferrari and my best one was pulling a PB at Santa Pod in my XJR 12.9s :)

In all seriousness, it had to have been when I first got my license and took my little POS 79 Ford Festiva with 4 on the floor for a drive all by myself. I drove all day going nowhere in particular- just drove. I couldn't believe it when I got ho.eho.e after dark and I went over 100 miles. Now 100 miles is an average day, even a short day! From that day when I was 18 I was hooked.

I presume it's a driving experience so going over London Bridge in my 911 with a certain girl passenger doesn't count.

So many to choose from but if it is in a car probably the 0-130 at marham airfield stands out. Having wound up a few young TT RSs drivers in the bar the evening before as to whether they would beat any of the skylines there they were told they wouldn't even beat that old green estate in the car park.
They found this highly amusing until I managed 13.02 which was quicker than the fastest tuned tt rs there
Shame I blew it up in the afternoon.

Nurburgring last summer. First time I drove it, such good fun. I actually had more fun in the 'Rent4Ring' 1 series though I must admit, as I wasn't so nervous about it being my own car if someone did something stupid! Still couldn't resist a few laps in the RS6 though!

What is your best moment behind the wheel of a car (assuming you were driving and not doing anything else at the time!)

For me it's probably a drive we had through Wales in our A4 Quattro, the roads were all clear, twisty and with beautiful scenery I had one of the most enjoyable drives ever!

A trip through Snake pass was also good fun but over too quickly and there was a bit of traffic around on the road at the time.

I thoroughly enjoyed travelling from West London to Holyhead in July last year. I went M40 - M42 - M6 - M54. Then A5 the rest of the way, picking up the A55 Express Way in Bangor, over the Brittania Bridge and across Anglesey to the ferry terminal.

Last edited: