Which is the nicer drivers car (Mondeo,Focus,Puma)

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
I have drove all three but was trying to figure out which is the nicest B road to motorway car for commuting or b-road blasting.
Mk3 Mondeo, Focus or Puma, All cheap to buy all good on fuel and all 5 star "what-car" motors

They're all good driver's cars in their respective classes. That said although the puma handles well I'd want more absolute power and for a b road blast I wouldn't want a car as big as a mondeo. Focus st
2.5 please.

Definitely not the Focus imo. I've driven my brother's 1.6 Zetec and it handles like a bag of poo. It feels very heavy (especially compared to my E36) and it rolls every where.

If I was looking for a commuter car I'd be looking at something a lot more comfortable. 3 hours in that car left me with horrible back ache.

Not sure I know Ford use to offer a pathetic 1.4 version but iirc it wasn't a Zetec.

Maybe his suspension is getting worn because they generally fairly stiff.
Mine has very very little body roll at all.

Not sure I know Ford use to offer a pathetic 1.4 version but iirc it wasn't a Zetec.

Maybe his suspension is getting worn because they generally fairly stiff.
Mine has very very little body roll at all.

Yours is a facelifted version isn't it? Did they alter anything when they did this (apart from the face lol)?

He doesn't exactly take care of his car.

Nope not as far as i'm aware it was just a face lift.
All Focus Zetec's come with sports suspension as standard so if it has body roll i'd suspect the suspension to be worn or a few bushes.

Nope not as far as i'm aware it was just a face lift.
All Focus Zetec's come with sports suspension as standard so if it has body roll i'd suspect the suspension to be worn or a few bushes.

In that case maybe it is tired, worn suspension. Or maybe the tiny 1.6 doesn't handle the weight very well.

It does it job well imo. Not fast by any means but it gets around.
Gotta remember they are only 100 bhp so they are never going to be a rocket ship but saying that there isn't anything on the road for the same money that could keep up through the twisties. ;)
I've yet to find another car that can keep up with me down the country lanes.