Are some drivers clueless ?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Many appear to be as I see so many cars that are unroadworthy due to having head or tail lights faulty and seem to be totally oblivious or uncaring as to the condition of their cars condition.

I check the operation of all my lights at least 2-3 times a week by simply turning on the ignition and checking them by seeing the reflections on the wall in front and the garage door behind.

I also check tyre pressures weekly and have a compressor handy to top up pressures as needed.

TIP recommended tyre pressures are when the car hasn't been driven for quite a wile and are COLD so all drivers should have a gauge in the glove box to test pressures. Make a note of which tyre needs say 3lbs to bring it up to the correct reading and when you get to a servo just add an extra 3 lbs to it REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE PRESSURE GAUGE INDICATES and it will be much closer to what it should be.

Sadly something as basic to the operation of any vehicle on public roads the simple checks outlined above don't seem to be part of the test to gain a license and IMO should be included.

Last edited: