Which car maker will go bust next

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Recession, doom gloom and the end of capitalism. Ho Hum! Which car maker do you reckon will be the next to go bust or do you think they will all merge to make one large car company?

What would the company be called? KIaWooVAGGMToyNisHonFo

I rekon that a lot of the small malaysian makers will success wheras luxury brands will suffer. Pagani should be ok as will Ferrrari. But I rekon Jaguar will be suffering badly, along with range rover.

well both of them are now owned by some indian firm so the might suffer even more.

alot of the british firms will struggle even more than normal (men in sheds companies)

mg will suffer cause they are trying to sell the mgf again and for a price tag of £16,000 id dont think they will sell many cause it was a crap car first time round !!!

Honda won't have a problem. It's first and foremost an engine manufacturer. I reckon Honda only started making cars so there was a mechanism to sell their excellent 4 cylinder petrol units.

Honda makes agricultural engines from massive diesels to little tiny two strokes for commerical mowers/strimmers etc. Also they make millions of static engines for generators of all sizes, pumps etc.

I remember driving one of the first 2.2i VTEC Preludes to hit the UK in 1997. Smooth yes. Quiet: not especially. Torquey: not a diesel kind of a way. BUT - who cares when it'll rev it's little head off all the way to 8800rpm. You could do over 80mph in SECOND!!