Your favourite maker

Re: Your favouritre maker

A tough one that Waynne! So many to choose and so many reasons why.

Audi for introducing 4wd and changing the face of rallying and making cars safer on the roads.

Ford, for what they offered the masses and for what they developed from mundane cars and transformed into seriously fast road and track cars.

I think Citroen for the innovative things they brought to the table, some really smart people there.

In a nutshell I cannot say one in particular as they have all offered us so much since time began.

Ferrari. They are, and always have been a race car first. Any car they make, you know the budget has been large. Every car they have ever made is only intended for the rich. They are the crem-de-le-crem. And for that reason, they have to be the best.

As for Everyday car use. Ford. They have rolled out car after car, reliable, quick, and strong. They may not be the best build quality, but they are cheep and cheerfull.

I'm on the same wavelength as Stamford, although I consider myself mainly a Ford fan, there are too many manufacturers that have brought innovations that have benefitted everyone, Citroen for their hydropneumatic suspension, Volvo for bringing in seatbelts, crumple zones and air bags etc...

But for bringing sheer motoring pleasure to the masses Ford will always be my marque of choice, now, what to do with the Honda? :lol:

Good heavens, what a difficult choice to make! It's narrowed down between two i'm afraid, first Bentley, I dearly love these cars and have done since my youth! :love:

I fully intend to own one within the next five years ;)
And finally Ford! may seem a strange choice to some, but for me they have come on in leaps and bounds over the years, very reliable with some very nice models available, and you can almost buy the spare parts in the Newsagents! ;)

it has to be for me aston martin
for 1 reason they will sell you a car to your own specification, i know it costs alot but you get the car you want. and if anything your not happy with they will change it again.

i know bentley and probably rolls royce do this to but lets face it the aston is much nicer!!!

I have said it before...Ford are really at the top of their game atm. Cossies and RS' are and always have been the working mans Ferrari imo.

I have said it before...Ford are really at the top of their game atm. Cossies and RS' are and always have been the working mans Ferrari imo.
imo the working mans ferrari has always been porsche a great car maker which is affordable (obviously dependant on model!) for the hard working man/woman!
and cossies and rs's have had there rivals that never got there recognition because of the cosworth/rs badge;)

You live on a different planet to me and have far too much money then Herb if you can afford a brand new 911. I actually meant to say working mans supercar lol.

You live on a different planet to me and have far too much money then Herb if you can afford a brand new 911. I actually meant to say working mans supercar lol.
4-5+ years ago when i was earning really good money and i was looking for a nice car(before i found out the wife was pregnant) the 911 on finance with a £10k deposit i had saved up was an option!!!! (this is what i mean by an affordable supercar;)) and i did look into it;)