Your favourite car maker and why

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your favourite car maker and why?

I am a big fan of AlfaRomeo, they have turned out some really good cars over the years. They have been really innovative and seem to know how to build a proper drivers car. Although I've never owned one because of the potential high running costs I feel a lot of respect for AlfaRomeo.

I also nod my hat to BMW, Audi and Nissan who have all come up with some really nice usable everyday cars which are good to drive.

I don't think I have a favourite as most have brought out either stunning, practical or innovative cars. However they are also able to bring out a lemon from time to time.

One that springs to mind is Nissan, purely for producing every type of car, be it for every class or performance car. I remember watching a documentary on the Skyline production and was blown away regarding the amount of R&D and handcrafted detail that went into making them. Then there's the Juke, a bit of a lemon in my eyes.

A hard one to answer as there are so many out there with so many reasons to love or hate.

I do admire BMW - the swines! So many of their car models have been much sought after over the years, from high performance to practical, they do tick a lot of boxes.

As a big fan of awesome looking cars id have to say Lamborghini is the most to admire , i can always expect awesome cool looking Cars that seems as if they are from the Future or some Alien technology .. i love Jet fighters and the fact that they base their cars on Jet fighters makes it that much cooler , those Sharp edges and all that detail

Got to be Audi! Over the years they have produced some fantastic cars and for me the best they made was the S2 coupe, which i had the pleasure of owning for a few years. That 5cyl forced induction sound is mental.
I really do like Alfa as well they just have this ability to grab my attention for some reason. Had a 156 v6 for a few months and for a front wheel drive v6 with 200hp it was pretty ok.

As a big fan of awesome looking cars id have to say Lamborghini is the most to admire , i can always expect awesome cool looking Cars

You should Google the LM002 and see if you still think Lamborghini only make cool looking cars buddy :eek:

is that a bad Replica of the Hummer H1 ? i think they built an SUV not long ago .. dont recall the name though

Audi, Mercedes, Lamborghini and LandRover are my pick of the manufacturers. Never really got into BMW's. I don't know why, they're good cars I know, but I can never get excited about one.

Never really got into BMW's. I don't know why, they're good cars I know, but I can never get excited about one.

Me neither Rob but an awful lot of people do! This was why I made the "swines" reference in my post. I am not a fan of BMW in fact I dislike them. Ever since I spanked an M3 and shamed an M5 embarrassingly in an old mans SAAB I had always wondered what the fuss was all about. But love them or hate them, I do appreciate the huge following that they have and I have to admire that. |B