What is the best track day car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you were out for a track day car for weekends and very occasional road use what would you go for and why?

Should we make this a 2 car selection, realistic on your budget and a money no object car?

I think a car like the Atom would be a real hoot on the track but I'd probaly go with something a little more modest like an old 3 series BMW or Nissan Silvia turbo that I can strip out and track repair on my realistic budget.

A tough one to answer as it'll be a guess unless you know someone who has them for comparison. What you choose depends on what you want from a track day. Personally if I had the opportunity of not worrying about a budget then I would not be considering track days, I would race fullstop. On a budget then I would stick with my ZS180, superb chassis and excellent fun and can embaress far superior machinery at times. If I could choose something fun and a right handfull then I would consider a Westfield SEiGHT.

On a budget I would keep my E36. RWD and 50:50 weight distribution mean it handles superbly (also thanks to poly bushes and coilovers).

Money no object I would buy the latest Atom.

Realistic would be a Sierra 4x4 2.9.

Money no object????

This.
ascari-a10.jpg