What fuel do you use?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Before someone says "Diesel" - you know who you are :lol:

Do you go for a specific brand each time? Do you use the "super" High octance or high cetane fuels? Does it make a difference?

I tend to fill up at Texaco but I can't bring myself to pay super unleaded prices?

shell v power most of the time. although im using a lot of normal unleaded at the min. one week super and one week normal so its sitting slightly higher than 95 ron
hadnt had any issues with knocking with it even under heavy throttle

I used to swear by BP Ultimate Diesel, and still do, but at today's price I really cannot justify the extra expenditure. But then another 4p/litre is a very small percentage of £1.33 (!!) for standard stuff.

As for petrol I used to really rate Shell Optimax. This has been superceded by Shell V-Power which I have yet to try. Yet I never really took to BP Ultimate Unleaded [petrol].

Esso's plain old 95RON unleaded seems fine too.

I never liked Jet, Asda or Tesco fuels.

Because my car isn't highly tuned (or even tuned at all for that matter): I tend to use regular unleaded from whichever station is closest when my fuel light comes on.

I filled up with Shell V-Power 5 or 6 times in a row back when I was feeling a bit plush and I can't say I noticed any difference at all... Then again, my engine's compression ratio is likely to be so low that I wouldn't get knock with 80RON :lol:

What brand od potato peelings do you prefer? ;)

:lol::lol: forgot about that one. hows the engine coming along ? did you get the filler neck wide enough :cheesy:

sbtuk : i cant say i noticed a difference with optimax in my civic. but do notice it in the bora. even the diagnositcs noticed it. i cant find my original files but i think it showed 13bhp more and around 8ftlb

Last edited: