Do you have a favourite fuel

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your favourite fuel? Do you find you go to the same place each time or do you just fill up wherever it is cheapest?

I prefer shell vpower but I fill up with whatever is closest to me when I need it.

Years ago I'd drive a few miles to the local Shell in order to refuel but I don't think it is so important now.

Momentum99 from Tesco as the fuel in use when the engine was mapped.
I could use Vpower as it's the same octane, but the Tesco petrol stations are far more prevalent around me.

The Hyundai gets Tesco regular, again because it is easy to find, but also clubcard points :rofl: It all adds up to savings on the weekly shop ;b/

I tend to buy 98 for my Type R at high traffic servos so there is a better chance of getting fresh fuel.

A few years ago was running late for an event and on a different road and topped up from the only servo open (a mun and dad type small SS) and ended up with a miss firing motor and clogged injectors that cost me an enjoyable event and a few $$$ to pull the injectors for cleaning. I also fitted better fuel filters in tandem to hopefully catch any remaining gunk .

Last edited:
Momentum99 from Tesco as the fuel in use when the engine was mapped.
I could use Vpower as it's the same octane, but the Tesco petrol stations are far more prevalent around me.

The Hyundai gets Tesco regular, again because it is easy to find, but also clubcard points :rofl: It all adds up to savings on the weekly shop ;b/
Ah those clubcard points and the double up vouchers. Now you're talking! It's actually pretty good fuel as well. I know some people knock supermarket fuels but the Momentum is well formulated.