What are your favourite car adverts.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
They spend £1000's on car adverts on the TV. Which ones are your favourites and do you think they have much of an influence on us buying used cars?

The cheecky Nicole - Papa ads from Renault were memorable? What about the stunt driver in the Austin Rover Montego? Anyone remember that one?

What about the Citroen Transformers one? (Personally I think this just invites dissapointment when you take delivery!)

I remember the Montego one very well. What burke got that past the board? Given they censored every single design innovation that was intended for the Montego and turned what could've been a truly great car into a truly mediocre one.

I had two of these, both were pleasant, neither was outstanding. And I never bothered trying the hb turn into a parking space.

I liked the 1994 Polo one with the firemen ducking from the fireball. The current batch of Mercedes Benz ones are very good too.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember Lucky Star? It was a Mercedes Benz ad made to look like a trailer for an upcoming film which fooled loads of people.

Honda ones are generally pretty good.

But atm I would have to say the Audi one for the quattro with the hand gripping the frog, dont know why, just like it lol. and going from the gripped frog I would get one (possably a bit Bizzare and illogical to go get a 10 grand (used) car on the views of a gripped frog lmao but i would )

liked the old accord one where all the car parts were used, took a long time to put togeather as well supposedly as it dependent on air pressure and temperature for some of the parts to move properly

We had two that I remember the most, both were for nissan and featured the 90-99 era 300zx. First one was with a G.I. Joe/Indiana Jones type action figure coming to life and hoping in a Z then racing around the upstairs of a house between the bedrooms to go steal Barbie from Ken. Nice music to it but can't rember the name. The other was done for a superbowl. Had the z driving along and a motobike, jet, wrecking ball, and a formula 1 car all trying to catch it. you can see the first one here and the second one here. Video links are at the bottom of the page.