Can you recall a favourite drive

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Looking back i think we all had those moments where we had a perfect drive.

Perhaps it was the car or the road or perhaps both.

My favorite drive was along the coast road to Rye in an Audi S5. The road was clear weather good and scenery was lovely. There are a few really nice banked corners.

There was also a nice drive in mid Wales which I'll remember but it was the twisty road rather than the car which made it memorable.

What about your favorite drive? What makes a good drive into a great one for you?

I visit friends in Aberystwyth several times a year. I purposefully avoid the motorway (M27, M3, M4) to take the more fun A roads towards Bristol. Once passed the toll bridge it's twisties for the next 100 miles. More :) time. A drive I enjoy everytime.

I did have a nice drive to Wales once, once off the motorways I hit some A-roads and country lanes. It was good to explore the capabilities a bit more of the trusty chariot ;)

Was visiting relatives in Weymouth last year and took a drive to Taunton to see a friend. Some mega roads on that route.
May have accidentally overtaken a lorry sideways giving the old touring some stick.