Torque Cars

Volvo S40 2.0d tuning project

Discussion in 'Volvo' started by Greg1990, 8 April 2019.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Not trying to tell you how to drive just pointing out there is a time and place for speeds in excess of the posted limits and a public road is not one of them pro driver or not IMO.

Greg1990 likes this.
  2. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I know what you’re saying..and I agree.,sorry for being a tad “glib”..but still..I do my best not to be too irresponsible. :)

TCJBOLDIE likes this.
  3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    That's ok and we are cool as we oldies have to set a good example to the younger generation :) |B

Greg1990 likes this.
  4. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    We do but don’t forget..growing old is inevitable...growing up is optional;) lol..

Lunchmoney and TCJBOLDIE like this.
  5. Mk2volvos40derv

Mk2volvos40derv Newbie

CumbriaUK
    Car:
    Mk2 volvo s40 2.0d
    What psi have you made on the 3.1 bar map?

& helpfull info for those who don't want to buy a expensive "upgrade" map sensor, i found it's just the map sensor from 2.2d engine found in ford/jag etc so a fraction of the price

6. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I’m not sure of the exact amount of boost that I’m doing?..will find out on Thursday when she’s on the dyno although I’m sure he said we were close to maxing it out?..the map sensor I’m using is an upgrade for the Ford Fiesta/focus 1.6 TCDI..it’s a direct fit other than having to shave a little ridge off the plug with a razor blade...I was pulling my hair out trying to find a 4bar sensor that would be a direct fit.like you say,a custom sensor can be installed but you then need to fit an adapter to the intake ..too much pissing about for my liking..

7. Mk2volvos40derv

Mk2volvos40derv Newbie

CumbriaUK
    Car:
    Mk2 volvo s40 2.0d
    I never said anything about a custom sensor! I'm saying instead of people getting ripped off buying a "upgrade" from a tuning company just just buy the actual part, part number is 079800-7661, as you'll notice on nb styling website they take there photo's in a way that does'nt show the part number, i've made 245hp on this sensor & cost me £25 from tms

8. Mk2volvos40derv

Mk2volvos40derv Newbie

CumbriaUK
    Car:
    Mk2 volvo s40 2.0d
    Forget to mention I've made this power on about 25psi boost & everything is holding up fine

9. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Sorry..thought you were on about a map sensor bigger than 3.1 bar?....you’re running just under 2bar of boost then?...you’re doing exceptionally well to be getting 245BHP..I’ve got a hybrid turbo made by AE turbo’s in Normanton with a 56ml Turbine wheel,Nissan skyline GTR upgrade intercooler which covers the entire front of the car,full stainless exhaust,dpf/egr delete and K&N filter..I’m getting 220BHP..Just fitted a Snowperformance methanol/water injection kit so going to see what extra that has given her on Thursday...

10. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Been on the dyno today...239BHP and 435ftlb of torque..pretty happy with the results.. :)

TCJBOLDIE and Lunchmoney like this.
  11. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    The fuel pump and injectors are good for 300BHP+..which is a good thing as there is no upgrades out there!..

12. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    How did you get on with the dyno results?..

13. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    The car has been running exceptionally well with the new methanol injection kit..Been toying with the idea of adding nitrous!..Any opinions?..lol..