Volvo S40 2.0d tuning project

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
my mate who installed it is fantastic when it come to fabrication..he made a sleeve out of 3” inch stainless exhaust tube so it can be easily removed and fabricated the small exit pipe that the filter sits on..he does all my mods..his background is building drift cars mainly of the Nissan verity..he love S15’s and R33’s...my intercooler came out of one of his drift cars..

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
Believe it or not they are 225/40/18’s..I also thought the profile looked quite low in the picture..lol....Just read your message sent to my personal email with regards to discussions about water/methanol injection and hybrid turbos..I’m not very savvy when it comes navigating around forums so if you send me links to said discussions id be more than happy to give my input... :)

Last edited:

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
They do look quite skinny, but suit the rim really well.

I've put a new thread up like the email I sent out but with links this time.

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
I bought some black centre caps to replace the silver ones..I popped the old caps off and all the paint chipped away!..took the car back to the powder coater who said that shouldn’t have happened..without quibble he redid them all straight away...fantastic service...fitting 30mm H&R lowering springs with Sachs dampers all round in a few days..

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
Had the lowering kit fitted..the supplier sent Bilstein dampers instead of Sachs which are far more superior at no extra cost..Why?..who knows..lol..before and after pics so you can see the new black centre cap and how much she’s been lowered..

Attachments

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
It has improved but to be honest the car handled very well on the stock suspension...it does feel much tighter though which is to be expected as the original suspension had been on the car since it left the showroom and the front n/s damper had begun to weep which was an advisory on the MOT last week...all in all I’m very impressed...

Last edited:

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Not sure I'd recommend polybushes, they tighten stuff up but you lose a lot of the flex in the suspension and road shocks do more damage and wear on the suspension arms.

It depends where you want to go with it really.

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
I know what you’re saying..there’s nothing wrong with the bushes at present so I think I’ll leave it till it’s time to replace them...

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
That’s quite a deep question..lol...it never meant to go as far as I’ve gone?..started with a stage 1 map and just kept growing from there to be honest..I’ve now ended up with a S40 2.0d that will destroy a T5R!..lol...I like the car,she’s in fine fettle for her age and the smiles per miles she puts on my face is priceless.. ..

diogogaspar

From
Portugal
Car
Volvo v50 2.0d
I own a 04 volvo v50 2.0d without DPF and find the information regarding our hpfp and injectors very useful... no more I feel jelous about Bosch’s CP3 used on JTDs and VAG CRs engines :)

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
You shouldn’t be jealous...the Siemens Fuel pump on our cars is very much up to the job and will go beyond 300BHP!...

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
I’ve been enjoying the nitrous...even an 11lb bottle doesn’t last as long as you’d think..lol...it does get quite addictive..and I do mean for the cat,not me personally...I sound like a right “druggy” there!...:)

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
Purring like a kitten..lol...everything has been done right..no corners cut..the stock internals are good for 300+BHP as long as nothing is on its way out.. lol...the water/meth kit and the nitrous helps keep the intake charge very cool which is good for reliable power...I’m getting 250+BHP & 435ftlb(590Nm) but we are still playing with the jetting on both the meth & the nitrous and my tuning guru reckons we could get close to the magic 300 area?...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Greg1990 Volvo S40 2.0d tuning project update.. Volvo 0
M Volvo 440 turbo ECU tuning Volvo 3
Y volvo 850 stock swap Volvo 0
S Hi Volvo enthusiasts Volvo 0
K Hi Volvo owner Volvo 6
O Hey you Volvo Guys. Volvo 0