Veyron Supersport record under threat

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
You can bet that Veyron will come back with an ever better version. I'm sure the Aero is likely to win as it is more aerodynamic and therefore has the advantage.

When will we see 300mph production cars then? It's probably only a few years away but I wonder if the tyre technology is there.

Land speed records are a bit pointless really. 300mph in a car is impressive.

300mph in an aircraft is nothing remarkable whatsoever.

The only difficult bit about making a 300mph car is keeping it on the ground.

None of these cars can do their top speed for any length of time so it does seem pointless but I supose that lessons learnt make their way down to ordinary cars. It wasnt that long ago when the land speed record was 80mph and cars typically went at 5 mph.

It makes a point for increasing the speed limit though as cars are now more capable at handling and stopping.

You can bet that Veyron will come back with an ever better version. I'm sure the Aero is likely to win as it is more aerodynamic and therefore has the advantage.

When will we see 300mph production cars then? It's probably only a few years away but I wonder if the tyre technology is there.

i am sure for a few hundred grand a tyre Avon Tyres can get some strong enough,

Also ill give it till 2013 or 2014 will be the 300 MPH barrier

i dont get it they made a new veyron so it would beat the americans car that they have made. but there was a 5mph difference yet it would cost you an extra 500k to have that, i would of just put an induction kit on it lol jokes