The Volvo S80 - faster than a Veyron

You need a staggering amount of power to reach 200, the faster you go the harder it is to go faster.

Most cars can get to 100mph these days, you probably only need 90 or 100bhp to do it. A 220/230 bhp car like an S50 t5 can knock on the door of 150mph. But to get even close to 200mph you need cars that have 500 plus bhp.

It was the Lotus Evora but they only had it for a trial last year but I don't think it got commissioned I think they just sent it back after the trial period.

I was watching Police Interceptors last night on tv, they were showing a german registered RS4 being chased by an Evo, screen mph display peaked at 142mph for a brief moment.

LOL i wouldn't be suprised as the police use these and have them super chipped to do excess of 200 MPH

To do it a sensible distance lets say 2 miles would require 700bhp. Given 5 miles at Mira maybe 600 woulds do it. My Tuners modified a Volvo dynoed at 591bhp & that would never ever reach 200mph no matter what distance :embarrest:.
The bill for that engine exceeded 20k so that some superchip they had :toung:.

MADRods back, hows the cossie

Ran it for 12 months (6kmiles) at 800bhp & then stripped it for a look. Bearing wear was present so decided to go dry sump. Was fitting a Pace but another company want to develop a block girdle & dry sump system for the YB lets say a deal was struck, im waiting for it to arrive at the mo.
Anyone want a Pace dry sump kit still in its box :D.

No chance of oil starvation on long corners.

Partly yes.
The thrust loadings are very high at high rpm & the oil pressure cant cope we can set a higher pressure & maintain it with the Scavange pump. We had notice oil pressure fluctuate under hard accleration as the wet sump system started to reach its limits.