Tinted windows

prevtec

Pro Tuner
Car
prelude 2.2vtec jap
hi fellas

i was thinking of getting tinted windows for my car
i was looking on ebay the other night and saw you can get pre cut tints for any car

has anyone got a set of these?? how were they to fit???
or would i be better to get it done professionally??

no no no no no no no!
not really a good idea unless you know what your doing, will end up wasting your money and end up with windows that look like you have glued bin liners on to them.

best off getting it done profesionally, i got my old vectra done for less than £90 plus if film starts to peel or bubble at least you have somewhere to take it back to as yo will get a guarantee

I've never seen a good custom tint yet. You need to do about 8 windows to get the hang of it. I even struggle to get those screen protectors to sit on cameras and pda's without bubbles.

I have seen some grotty jobs with bubbles and all kinds of imperfections. A professional operator will remove the glass from the car and do the work in a dust free environment.

It's pricey but the results are stunning.

Last edited:
well it costs 250 euros for the whole car(any car) by this fella i know
but im only doing the back window and 2 side windows,

if you know what a prelude looks like, then you know the 2 side 1s im on about are tiny so i dont think it would cost more than 150 euros

but yeah, ye guys are right, it pays to have it done professionaly
thanks

In the UK at least (obviously Ireland is not UK) you are not allowed to to front screen and front door sideglass. These are usually factory tinted but must still transmit about 75% of visible light.

Back screen and side windows can go as dim at 15%. I think this looks really stylish - it's something I'm considering when I've got a few hundred quid to play with.

I had my windows done by O.G. Tinting. Cost me £120...it was a top job! I had 20% on the back...as I still wanted some visibility at night. My mate tried to do his windows by himself and ended up with lines everywhere and not all of the window is covered!