Open windows

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you open your car window(s) as you drive along? Is this a summer only thing or something you do all year round.

Why do you open the window, are the blowers/air con not good enough for you?

I tend to open the windows when driving the W8. Its purely a noise thing, I like to hear it rumble.

i have my windows open because my air con drinks my petrol lol, but when i get my wages increased next month, then me my air con will be on all the time lol. but yeah again,fresh air does you good lol

I've been known to wind down my window when being overtaken by something special! R8, Lambo, Ferrari, Pagani etc....

Clearly Mr TN69 frequents some very coveted sections of road to be treated to such regular aural treats. Lucky man.

Not sure about fresh air from the tailpipes of a swiftly driven Lamborghini but some might find the sulphurous fragrance of overworked cats invigorating.

I think I'd better leave this alone now.

when its summer i always have the window down...im not sure why i do this))))maybe it reminds me that its summer and i should enjoy it while it lasts:eek::eek:

Clearly Mr TN69 frequents some very coveted sections of road to be treated to such regular aural treats. Lucky man.

Not sure about fresh air from the tailpipes of a swiftly driven Lamborghini but some might find the sulphurous fragrance of overworked cats invigorating.

I think I'd better leave this alone now.

I live more or less out in the sticks so there's plenty of fresh air round these parts.;)

There are a fair few place where it is well built up but I still like the fresh air. I've had the Focus a year now and I've only used the aircon a handfull of times.

I wondered why this thread resurfaced ;)

The Landy is open so the dogs can breath. The ZS open so I can hear the roar and also to lose the noise from inside! Besides the Landy air-con needs looking at and the ZS one I don't use as it wastes fuel.

On a side note I cannot wait for the A3 Hindhead tunnel to open this summer :amuse: but I see they have fitted average speed cameras to this section...................I wonder why!

I have no aircon in mine, so windows open a lot of the time, especially in summer.

I've only owned 3 cars since 1997 (still on the third one now) and all have had brilliant A/C. I'd never buy a car without A/C.

Opened windows are no substitute.

Nor is a sunroof, although many say A/C is needless if you have a 'roof.

That's like saying you don't need a food fridge because you can open the kitchen window instead.

I've only owned 3 cars since 1997 (still on the third one now) and all have had brilliant A/C. I'd never buy a car without A/C.

Opened windows are no substitute.

Nor is a sunroof, although many say A/C is needless if you have a 'roof.

That's like saying you don't need a food fridge because you can open the kitchen window instead.

No they're not, no way.

I just never came across a nice Probe that had aircon fitted, plus the downside on those is the receiver is mounted near the front on the V6 and always rots away. You can't get replacements either :rolleyes:

I would say a sunroof is needless for ventilation purposes at least if you have air con, in fact having it open must put strain on the a/c system, no?

I haven't got air con in my house, either, I just leave the fridge open :lol:

No they're not, no way.

I just never came across a nice Probe that had aircon fitted, plus the downside on those is the receiver is mounted near the front on the V6 and always rots away. You can't get replacements either :rolleyes:

I would say a sunroof is needless for ventilation purposes at least if you have air con, in fact having it open must put strain on the a/c system, no?

I haven't got air con in my house, either, I just leave the fridge open :lol:

Some people never use A/C because they think that an open sunroof is a suitable substitute.

There is not point in having the 'roof open when using A/C; it does, as you say, completely defeat the A/C. You can't cool the whole atmosphere.