TCJB'S Type R

TCJBOLDIE

Torque King
Staff member
From
Brisbane
Car
JB Starion
As some may already know I sold my 25 year RWD project car last year and have gone over to what some say is the dark side and now have a 2011 model FWD weekend car that I use for club level events.

Some call FWD's bum draggers or WWD (wrong wheel drive):eek: however they require a slightly different driving style to get the best out of them and to that end I have had the front camber increased to 2.5 deg negative and have just had an adjustable rear sway bar fitted after testing without it and finding that I need to reduce the front end push as much as possible.

FYI the rear bars job is to help lift the inside wheel a bit or a lot depending on it's setting as this will reduce the rear grip level and help the car rotate or turn in better.

I have also upgraded the front brakes to larger 2 piece discs clamped by AP Racing 4 piston calipers.

I have also taken some more instruction @ a training day so I do practice what I preach.:)

My new toy may have app 1/2 the power of the old highly modded turbo car but I have recently matched the old cars best lap due to higher corner speeds.|B

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Most of my cars have been FWD with one 4WD exception!

Lift off oversteer is usually quite good fun when you get the hang of it.

I long to play with a decent RWD car on a track!