Stopping overtakers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Would you ever make it hard for a car to overtake you?

For example you could move into the center of the road or just speed up as they try?

This is pretty dangerous on most roads but there is one occasion I do this.

Up a dual carriage way from Dover Docks (jubilee way) you have a 30mph limit which goes national part way up. It is a favourite for speed traps so I stick to 30.

As cars pull out to over take me near the end of the 30 I stick my foot down as I approach the national limit to leave them standing. It is quite satisfying especially as they are not expecting it and my car doesn't have a turbo badge.

Mines got diesel badge Waynne and in mapped form it'll probably flatten your A3.

I'm considering adding an extra injector to get that real authentic diesel smoke effect :-0

Seriously though, I will hold back traffic on a local dual carriangway bypass when I know that the tally van is lying in wait. Thereby preventing anyone getting clobbered.

most appreciate this once they realise what Im up to. More worrying is the few that totally fail to notice the van!! Surely if they can't see it at all they should not be on the f.....g road, never mind trying to drive at 100mph!!

yeah i love doing that to pricks who think their great in their new cars and think that mine is a worthless 93 banger,well i love proving them wrong.boot to the floor in third your neck and neck.when they reach for 4th i hit vtec,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bye bye ass hole,i really love that part eat my carbon footprints ha ha

Seriously though, I will hold back traffic on a local dual carriangway bypass when I know that the tally van is lying in wait. Thereby preventing anyone getting clobbered.

Good man

main road outo lockerbe goes on for 1/4 mile after the last house before the national limit starts. if an a$$e sits on my taill i will hold the 30 right to the limit then floor it or if they pass i hold there bumper as well

i do it if there are road works up ahead and it goes into one lane i sit in the middle to stop any one coming past makes it quicker

i will do it to work collogues and mates for a laugh also when a dual carriage way merges into 1 lane

On the M1 motorway near Meadowhall, one lane disappears down into Sheffield, leaving the M1 with two lanes. So I was there one day, outside lane coming up to overtake a van before nipping back in when something in the rear view mirror caught my eye; a big, black Land Rover storming up behind, undertaking the car behind me and gaining fast. Now I'm not exactly behaving myself at this point, so this bloke is going at quite a pelt.

He's going to undertake me and then cut me up in the space between me and the van. "Hmmm. No," I thought. Dropped it a cog and caught up to the van (doing just under 70) then boxed him in there until the M1 became three lanes again, leaving him no option but to look at me giving him the finger.

Brilliant fun.

If someone wants to overtake me, i let them, strewth, stopped measuring me pecker many years ago, does it matter.
If someone's tailgating me, and i assure you i'm not slow, then i pull over to the left and let them go, much rather they hit someone else up the ass if everyone needs to stop all of a sudden.

The tailgaters are the real dangerous ones anyway, most unprofessional and dangerous way of overtaking there is. Watch a real pro overtake, he or she will be a reasonable distance back, thereby able to look both sides of the vehicle in front depending on the road layout, and will be timing their overtake to already have at least 20 mph on the car in front as the road clears, the slingshot manoeuvre, whoosh, gone and the car in front completely unsuspecting won't be able to try the small boys trick of trying to hold you out, which IMO should be a life ban anyway.

My biggest problem are the ones that pass then slow down, only to make a turn real quick! Can not stand those! why not just wait a few more seconds then turn? Saves fuel and brakes! i do have tendancies to get pissed at people that see me coming and pull out infront of me. I usually whip around them and cut back in real close to piss them off!

I do remember one time that I inadvertantly stopped someone overtaking me.

I drove the entire distance of a village 30MPH speed restriction in my 999cc Fiat Panda (one of the old boxes - not that new thing, 0-60 in 20 seconds I think, and a massive 45bhp!) at or maybe just slightly over 30.

About halfway through I watched a gentleman in, would you believe, a brand new Mercedes speed right up behind me.

When I got to the derestricted section I went down a cog and buried the accelerator, and simultaneously the Mercedes tried to overtake me.

I still don't know why he didn't. He could have easily whooshed past me in his car.

Instead, despite the fact that there were no oncoming vehicles he swopped in right behind me, flashed his lights and sounded his horn.

That's when I carried out an emergency stop.

He maintained his distance behind me after that and turned off the road at the next junction.

I wonder what that was all about?

Anyone with enough grunt to catch and pass me is more than welcome. I'll happily get out of the way and follow them, they then act as my radar detector :bigsmile:. In 20+ years it's served me well, never had a point, a pull or an accident.