Speeding Tickets

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
this a snippet from an article, see what you think:

to sum up it is about the safety initiatives put forward by car companies eg, volvo had sips, mercedes with about 17 airbags and audi with pre tensioners and shrinking steering columns (going back a few years)

"right now, people are quite happy to hurtle down the outside lane of a motorway at 100 mph in thick fog because their anti-lock brakes will keep them out of trouble - they'd better go too - and even if they dont everthing else will.

well, they'd think twice about driving fast or carelessly if the car was nothing more that a series of booby traps.

to make sure this was fair, and that all cars are equipped with the same menacing array of death traps, the government needs to introduce some legislation, but this wont happen because the government wants us to drive fast and dangerously.

they know if that if they ban seatbelts, rip down all crash barriers and douse the roads with a mixture of diesel oil and washing up liquid every morning, no-one will dare drive quicker than 10mph.

and this would remove one of the most iniquitious taxes ever dreamed up - the speeding ticket.

its all so obvious by forcing car makers to give us safer vehicles, and by making the roads less dangerous, we are encouraged to drive faster and faster. couple this with the ridiculous vigilant police patrols, and they have a small fortune.

people are dying out there, to pay for the National Health Service."

10 points to anyone who guesses who wrote the article :D

but if you knew that when you bumped your car a large spike will come from the wheel rather than an airbag, you'd be extremely careful. extremely.

oh, and insurance premiums will go down which is handy as mine is due in a month and half and its goin to be around 1300 quid, so if anyone wants to donate any money to me to contribute to this i will be extremely thankful

The 'spike substitute for airbags' has been mentioned in other tomes. Yes, I agree, it might have a massive effect upon speed and following distance, but is it going to have an effect upon accident data (notice I say data, not statistics)?

I think not, because those that currently let the airbags (I know, there are myriad other safety devices) do the job will be killed in accidents by the spikes that replace them. So that's the clueless f...wits off the road and the rest of us can get on with driving sensibly.

classic clarkson

talking about driving distances ive recently passed an explosives awareness course that allows me to transport explosives which fall into 1.4s category (bullets in other words) but it states in the paperwork that i MUST stay 100 meters behind any other vehicle other than those with the orange explosive sticker which means i have to stay 200 meters off it aint easy to do when folk overtake then cut back in
just so some cadets can get to shoot.

spikes are a bit ott how about a large electric shock. that way if your heart stops when you crash it could be restarted and you live otherwise you get a big mother f**king shock for being a stupid c**t

I heard recently that 4000 people were killed by airbags in cars! I'll try and dig up the story - it is probably just a headline grabbing attention.

A bit old but here is a quote:-
“NHTSA recorded 238 deaths due to airbags between 1990 and 2002, according to information about these deaths on their Web site,” said Meyer. “They all occurred at very low speeds, with injuries that could not have been caused by anything else. But is it reasonable to conclude that airbags cause death only at very low speeds? It seems more likely that they also cause deaths at high speeds, but these are attributed to the crash.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/06/050602011343.htm

thinking about it, how fast does an airbag travel toward your mush?

becaus if you are travelling significantly slow when something just so happens to set off the airbag the airbag will be of no use as you are not balancing laws of motion by meeting the airbag halfway. thus the airbag has more energy coming at you than you do coming at the airbag.

theres sense in there somewhere....

there is sense it like walking down the street and someone runs right into you. you will end up hurt no matter what

that is the idea of the airbag it inflates so quickly then startes to deflate so that when you hit it, its already been fully inflated so you are in theroy hitting something soft.
downside is if your sitting to close to the wheel of the wheel is pointed to your chest its going to hurt and if you have chest / heart problems you could be in a lot of trouble