Stricter punishments for speeding offences in England and Wales

I like that it has become linked to income. 100 quid is still a fair whack to me but it's nothing to a premiership footballer.
Convictions were always linked to income. Fixed penalties are not (£100 and 3 points for EG) and they haven't changed. It's just convictions (fixed penalties are not convictions) and it's still capped at £1000 (or £2500 for motorway conviction). Which means the #BigMoneyFootballTwat can still be convicted and only fined £2500. A pittance in comparison as some of them can earn that in a day.

It makes sense, it's no deterrent if the fine equals 1 hours pay!

Better enforcement would reduce speeding offences rather than just higher penalties. If you don't get caught and there is little risk then there is no deterrent.

By all means hit the serious speeders and reckless drivers with everything.

Would impounding the vehicle for a period of say 14 days for the 1st offense and 30 days for the 2nd be a more effective deterrent.??

So does that mean people that don't work get little to no fines driving around in their clapped out motors quickly? Yeah, sounds like a good system..... .V(

Better enforcement rather than stricter penalties. It's a lottery that people get caught, and with low resources in enforcement is a risk that many decide is worth taking.