Slow accel, no power, its killing me

PKnFR

Tuner
Car
'88 300ZX Turbo Z31
Took my '71 Datsun 240z to a shop for electrical (needed them to make new harness). They got it to where it will pass inspection but...... now i can floor it and the needle takes around 3 full seconds to increase 1000rpm. Before i took it to the shop, it would fly up to 5000-6000rpm in about .75 seconds (all these are with the car out of gear), but it would reach 6000rpm, the needle would "wave" (like its saying hello), then drop. It made me think it was a rev limiter, but the max safe rpm is 7500rpm. Could it be a loose ground wire the shop messed with? Also, there was carbon in the motor and i ran seafoam through it, could that have something to do with it?

On another note, Im saving up to get a RB25DET make my car really scoot and by-pass my current motor failure.

Is there a difference between an RB25DET and a RB25DETT or is that just a common misspelling. I know Nissan (which was once Datsun) uses T to mean turbo and TT to mean twin-turbo, so i was curious.

Lastly, I know where to get the motor, turbo, ignitor chip, ecu, wiring harness, alternator, clutch, starter, intake manifold, flywheel, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, injectors, and cam angle sensors with the motor. Is there anything else i need?? Clips, mounts, etc?

Its much appreciated.

:blink: Oh.... And how exactly does that work? Are you telling me I can buy a RB25DET and later on add another turbo? Or are you saying they are the same excluding an extra intake manifold, etc?

Whew... I was a little confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

Im just gonna let the L24 I-6 sit there and save for the RB25DET to by-pass all the motor problems in the L24 I-6.