Shell Vpower fuel

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do we have any fans of Shell Vpower fuel? Is it better than the old optimax fuels?

Do you get more performance and better economy as advertised?

What do you think of Shell fuels?

Ok so this is my favourite fuel, my cars have always responded well to it. Shell fuel also reduced a misfire in one of my cars, which I assume was down to a blocked injector.

Maybe it's just me, but the queues in a Shell petrol station seem to be bigger than anywhere else, with the possible exception of Tesco's ?-/

haha...it runs on 95 but with a noticeable power drop top end when the boost comes in. The ECU see's knock based on my aggressive timing map and pulls the timing to the safe-map which is minus 5 degrees.

Shell vPower Nitro+ is enough of a mouthful already. Hopefully whatever they come up with next has a shorter name!

X Power - um hang on MG used that! Z Power anyone? I quite liked Optimax, I knew where I was with that name.

My Skyline still ran its original ecu which was set for 100 octane fuel found in Japan. I drove a 20 miles round trip to get V Power as it was closest to the GTRs liking. Put a bit of octane boost in also to step the rating up.

^^ I remember Octane Booster from my old Custom car days, made by Moroso if memory serves. To be honest I had no idea if it actually worked or not in my old Capri.