Rear view mirrors getting smaller

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Is it just me or are the rear view mirrors in cars getting smaller and smaller?:amazed:

I remember a time when you could angle your mirror and see the whole of the rear window and part of the sides. Nowadays you need to be content with about 90% of the rear view.

I wonder if that is why cars have parking sensors on them nowadays!:blink1:

have to agree with ya on that one. the one in my burban (1984) shows the entire rear end and part of the sides and the one in the wifes pontiac (2006) you barely get the rear end.

Pardon, what? Waynne - you've seriously run out of things to do if your comparing the size of rear view mirrors :p

The rear view on the new Leons is MASSIVE. I realised this the other day when I parked so close to my mate on purpose that he had to get in the passenger side and climb over, knocking his rear view mirror off completely in the process :lol: Crap design, came off easily, ball ache to put back, took both of us to life the thing ;)

Really tiny wing mirrors are also getting trendy but I'm not sure they are legal.

I just remember the cars I had in the 80's had really wide mirrors, modern ones seem so much smaller.