Carbon fibre rear view mirror - Looking for

It shows the category but I wondered whether you just go there or type in a search string?

ahHA! Price, however, seems too good to be true.

This mirror is designed to fit to the roof, but I could simply throw away the stalk and make a new one now that my ball turning tool has arrived.

I have asked them to confirm that it is pure carbon and not CF over plastic or CF vinyl over plastic :) Thanks T9. If it is pure CF then the quest is over.

Still awaiting a reply from Germanautospares but have found what looks like the same mirror on ebay. Unfortunately it appears to be carbon covered plastic :-( However, I will wait for a reply before deciding.

I am had a quick search and found quite a few carbon fibre mirror covers would you be able to make a mirror with one of those?

I am had a quick search and found quite a few carbon fibre mirror covers would you be able to make a mirror with one of those?

Yes, but I think the time and effort involved makes it not worth it :-( I have so much to do that I mustn't get sidetracked with mini projects :)

My guess is that the 01 January gives it away. Default program date :)

PS Usable CF was around in the 60s.
Unix system dates are shown in milliseconds starting from 1 January 1970! Dates before this are minus numbers! It's quite a clever system when you understand it and you can program some pretty amazing date calculations using straight forward maths!B)

Recieved a reply from German Auto Spares:

Hi Steve,

Completely honestly, it's a carbon fibre cover over the top of a regular
plastic mirror. That's what VW have made. I think... if they made a 100%
carbon part they would be charging four figures for it knowing them.....

It's not what you are looking for, sorry.
Martyn

So, back to searching. May have to end up with a small plastic or alloy mirror frame.