Car parks - front in or rear in?

Lunchmoney

The Torque Meister
Car
'98 JDM Impreza STI
Which way do you lean?

I've seen arguments for both ways and I think one is complete tosh.

My view....
I reverse into car park spaces (or better yet, see two empty spaces lined up and drive through one to park in the other, facing out :) ).
When reversing out of spaces one has no right of way; literally everyone driving around you has the right to proceed (even if they are driving against the arrows in the car park) and you should stop to let them.

But!!!

When reversing out of spaces one's view of the car park and surrounding road is obscured.
Not a day goes by that I don't see an insurance claim where someone is reversing from a parking bay and hit something and claim they didn't see it until impact.

I reverse in unless I'm at a supermarket when I need access to the boot and it is much easier to drive in forwards. Hopefully there is a free space infront of me so I can drive out but often you have to reverse.

I believe the IAM promote reversing in everytime and try to do this where practical unless shopping as already stated.

I do both, typical! :rolleyes:....:lol:
I drive straight in if it is to be a big shopping trip at Sainsbury's which makes it much easier to load the boot with the shopping. I reverse in if the stay is short or if I am not going to be putting any large objects in the boot.