Quick car quiz

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just a few quick questions to debate and consider. Lets see you research and see if we can determine the right answers.

Who Invented the Diesel car engine?
Who made the first motorcar?
What is the best selling model of car?

I have a few ideas and there seems to be some good info around on these but not neccisarily any definate answers. See what you can turn up.

:eek: Homework on TorqueCars! It is a bank holiday though.

:lol: There are still some basis for discusion. Did diesel invent the first diesel CAR engine? What about the earlier patent by Herbert Akroyd Stuart.

Toyota corolla is my bet also. But there were still quite a few model revisions these so which MODEL SERIES of car is the most popular?

Which came first the spark plug or the petrol engine?

Petrol engines once operated using hot plugs. Glow plugs if you like. Of the kind that are required to assist cold starting in older designed indirect injection diesels. Small model aircraft still use the same method.

Rudolf first patented the compression ignition engine and it ran on peanut oil. It was a single cylinder design.

He was found dead in the English/French Channel in 1913. The French, having used his engine technology in their own subs (converted in 1905) didn't want the British to take advantage of the same engines and it's thus reported that he was dispatched (by the French) to protect the gallic investment in diesel propulsion.

i think it was Pug that did the first production diesel car in 1959 - the 403. 31 seconds 0-60. Not my idea of fun.

I'm not a WP fan.

Lutonmatt said, and I quote : and i bet i know were you copyed that from lol
same place i looked for the air con

I copy nothing. I am not plagiarist. I research and check my facts before reporting anything.

I'm surprised the Golf has outsold the Beetle but I guess it has been running a long while. The Beetle never changed much ocer the years so would be my top tip for longest selling single model.;)