quick advice

scrap it that will make it go faster lol

i would at more then 10hp but then what ever you do wont be a quick cheap mod
dont be fooled with all the air filter and exhaust dont do anything other then sound bad

put a v8 in it lol

i have always said if you want fast by a faster car i always have done
done with my fast cars for now now just got my 3 slower motors
but saying that my 1.6 astra flys nearly as quick as kitt

10 BHP you could always start on the tyres maybe get lighter ones.

Improve the Air intake maybe grind down the AIM (Air Intake Manifold) a little.

and most of all put a nice muffler / exhaust on there

Hope that helps :)

Money isn't a problem.

So all them boy racers who say therer 1.6 fiesta are 120bhp are basically chatting #!#!#!#!?

So if I put an exhaust air filters it won't do anything ?

Money isn't a problem.

So all them boy racers who say therer 1.6 fiesta are 120bhp are basically chatting #!#!#!#!?

It depends on what they've done to it. The 1.6 has something like 99bhp iirc. They're probably adding 10bhp for an exhaust and 10bhp for an induction kit. This is complete rubbish.

An exhaust and properly installed induction kit will only give up to around 10bhp. The main advantage of installing both is the throttle response you gain. Just make sure any induction kit you install is either enclosed or has a heatshield. A direct cold air feed will help as well.

Other mods you can consider are big bore throttle bodies (BBTBs), cams, de-cat/sports cat, uprated manifolds. We are talking about a lot of money here. If you really want to continue you can turbo or supercharge it.

Don't overlook supsension/brakes/tyres and weight loss as well. It's not BHP, it's BHP per tonne and whether or not you can put it down.

Money isn't a problem.

]

Correct. air filters and exhausts will not do much at all.

Get a dCi diesel variant and get the ECU remapped.

I csnt help thinking if your speedo is showing nearly 80 in 2nd then there's something wrong with it.

With mods the pub boasters just total up all the gains the makers of each mod claim to get but it doesn't work like that. You are better talking in terms of percentage gain than absolute figures.

So you're looking for a percentage gain of at least 10% or 20% ideally. To give you an idea of how expensive this on a naturally aspirated car there's a throttle body kit for the clio 182 that takes it to a little over 200bhp, around a 10% gain, but it costs well over 2 grand. Or you can go turbo to about 210bhp but then you're talking nigh on 4k fitted.

Its not all about bhp though. On all the cars I've had closed iks on, that might have given a couple of bhp more, the best thing they did was make the car breathe easily which mad it rev nicer, which made it more enjiyable to drive.

Last edited:
Nearly 80mph in 2nd?? :blink: I don't think I reach that in my Saab and I have silly horsepower to play with.

Have the wheels been replaced with a different size from standard do you know?

As an example, on my Saab Aero it came with 17" wheels originally, each time as I progressed upward in sizes through to the current 19" wheels, I have had to have the car ECU reprogrammed via a Tech11 to tell it the size of the new wheel for speedometer calibration purposes. Just a thought!

Sounds like some crazy long gears.

Hell, my mustang has the gears to get to 207mph in 5th, but you don't see me touting the mustang as some super muscle car here. It'll never reach those speeds because it doesn't have the power,aerodynamics, suspension, tires...etc. to get there.

a tune(remap) will net you some power, along with an intake and exhaust, a FULL intake, including an aftermarket intake manifold, and an exhaust from the header back. maybe bigger injectors and a tune. The engine will be breathing really well, getting all the fuel it needs, and be safe enough with the tune to beat on it every day.

Only thing is, if you've got the money, why not start off with a car that's already faster? It's only going to cost you more in the long run to mod your current car and barely be able to keep up with stock versions of faster cars.

I understand the need to do something different, but don't let "different" drive you away from "fast" because even if you get a turbo, do it all perfect, and tuned right, you'll still be struggling to break 225whp and not beating cars who spent less purchasing their car as you have modding yours.

Not to say it wouldn't be fun.....:)
Just something to think about....

Last edited:
Sounds like some crazy long gears.

Hell, my mustang has the gears to get to 207mph in 5th, but you don't see me touting the mustang as some super muscle car here. It'll never reach those speeds because it doesn't have the power,aerodynamics, suspension, tires...etc. to get there.

a tune(remap) will net you some power, along with an intake and exhaust, a FULL intake, including an aftermarket intake manifold, and an exhaust from the header back. maybe bigger injectors and a tune. The engine will be breathing really well, getting all the fuel it needs, and be safe enough with the tune to beat on it every day.

Only thing is, if you've got the money, why not start off with a car that's already faster? It's only going to cost you more in the long run to mod your current car and barely be able to keep up with stock versions of faster cars.

I understand the need to do something different, but don't let "different" drive you away from "fast" because even if you get a turbo, do it all perfect, and tuned right, you'll still be struggling to break 225whp and not beating cars who spent less purchasing their car as you have modding yours.

Not to say it wouldn't be fun.....:)
Just something to think about....

I've just realised what I put didn't mean 80 ment 60. its cause I'm typing this at work on my phone n obv must of pressed wrong button. Anyway I think I might jus go for throttle response/sounding good.
I want it to be a deep noise. But not sound rubbish
Name some cheap / 200bhp cars
I'm 22 been driving for nearly 3 years
2 years no claims. 3 in december

Last edited:
if you want more power then you have to upgrade engine now there are lots of ways to do this ranging from cheap to expensive get the basics done first like induction kit exhaust then progress to power valves cc injectors turbochargers ecu remap also get the engine reconditioned

You said money wasn't a problem now you are asking for cheap cars LOLz. With those no claims and a decent post code you will have no trouble getting insured on some of the big boys, Evo's, Skyline's, etc etc....

If you want cheap and fast you will do a lot worse than a 200sx.