Parents driving your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do your parents ever get to drive your car? What do they think of your car and what you've done to it?

I wouldn't let them anywhere near it, my dad's too much like me (or visa versa) and my mum, well, lets not go down that road eh,

i think id let my dad, although i know he would give it a good thrash and my mum, not a chance, even if she ever does take her test :rolleyes:

i dont care who drives my cars

my dad has my audi all next week while he fixes his car
but my mum dont like driving the landrover as she says its to muddy

I let my stepdad drive once, but that was only so I could feel the acceleration as a passenger (and over the limit :lol:) Otherwise it's just me. My mum would probably hate it anyway.

No dad to speak off, but my mum and auntie like the car, especially if I give them a taste of the accelaration! ;) for that reason alone they would never drive it, it is a little too scarey for them! Bless! :bigsmile:

I let my mum drive my cars, she enjoys driving them and loves them. I don't let me Dad anywhere near them, he's the world worst driver. He never pays attention to his surroundings, always on the brakes at the final second and as a result he's forever having crashes. My mum on the other hand is a really really good driver.

Well i have no problem if my parents drive my car. but then it is only my mom who drives my dad doesn't prefer my car. i have lot of stickers stuck on it. and writing as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dad yes, but i know he'll start talking to me about things that he doesn't like about it if i do let him.

no chance my dad drove a cople of times and i dont think it went to well and mum she dont like loud small cars

My mum's the only one insured other than me for my car. She used to borrow it but doesn't that much after she smashed an alloy with a pothole the other year.

I let my mum drive my cars, she enjoys driving them and loves them. I don't let me Dad anywhere near them, he's the world worst driver. He never pays attention to his surroundings, always on the brakes at the final second and as a result he's forever having crashes. My mum on the other hand is a really really good driver.

Well you just echoed my sentiments, about my dad's driving.

Unfortunately, His car has been of-road for about an year now, and so I have to let him use mine, He hit s something, I mend it, and life goes on.

Wouldn't let him drive my SX4 though. He would not manage the reverse anyways.

I'd trust both my parents with it.

Myu mother refuses to driver it (too powerful for her).

My dad moaned the first time he drove it, he hadn't realised how fast he was going (he has a 1.9 TDi L&K estate)!