Oh what a night

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Had to take my wife to a hostpital appointment. The A3 was in front on our drive as I had been applying "supaguard carpet protection to the A4" so we had to take that instead.

We were running pretty late, it was a 30 minutes journey and we only had 35 minutes to do it in and traffic is usually pretty bad.

Fuel light came on just as I left so I had to detour to a petrol station. As we pulled out of the petrol station disaster struck. We had the familiar rumble buzz that you get when you have a flat tyre! :D So we pulled off the busy main road into a side road and changed the wheel.

When we got to the hospital I realised that we'd left the locking wheel nut in the wheel. We were rushing so didn't even bother putting the plastic nut covers on! The thing was gone, it could have popped out at any point along our journey and as we were selling the car I didn't want to bother messing around with finding a replacement locking nut set! :evil:

In total we were 8 minutes late for the appointment so it was a super fast wheel change.

After the hospital trip we went for a meal at our local ASK. On the way home we stopped off where we jacked up the car to see if maybe we'd left it on the ground. We hadn't :(! I walked up to the main road and there right in the middle of this busy road was our locking wheel nut. So I waited for a gap in the traffic, jumped across and grabbed it. :p

So the only downer is that I need to get a new tyre but considering this one only has 1.8mm of tread left it is needing one anyway and I'll put on a decent set before I sell it.

Well I went to Tesco Express earlier to get some springs onions, mushrooms and peppers for the misses to cook tea. She gave me a tenner (forgot my wallet) and I returned with £12 odd plus the shopping items.

"But Kyle, how!?" I hear you cry. It turns out some divvy at the self service in front of me left his fiver change in the cash dispenser. Win!

Well I went to Tesco Express earlier to get some springs onions, mushrooms and peppers for the misses to cook tea. She gave me a tenner (forgot my wallet) and I returned with £12 odd plus the shopping items.

"But Kyle, how!?" I hear you cry. It turns out some divvy at the self service in front of me left his fiver change in the cash dispenser. Win!

Result and a half! Well done.

But do stick a fiver into a charity pot of your choice at some point soon.

Result and a half! Well done.

But do stick a fiver into a charity pot of your choice at some point soon.

I gave it to the misses so it's up to her. By the time I'd noticed the bloke had bolted or I would have given it back hand on heart. Tbh I see my rediculous tax and NI contributions as my charity. I earnt about £1300 last week on my weekly wage and picked up a measly £984. You graft, they take everything from you and you get nothing in return except aid to a load of foreign countries and money for dole scroungers. I'm the one that needs charity to get all the money stolen from me back. Anyways this isn't the place for a tax rant :lol:

Last edited:
I gave it to the misses so it's up to her. By the time I'd noticed the bloke had bolted or I would have given it back hand on heart. Tbh I see my rediculous tax and NI contributions as my charity. I earnt about £1300 last week on my weekly wage and picked up a measly £984. You graft, they take everything from you and you get nothing in return accept aid to a load of foreign countries and money for dole scroungers. I'm the one that needs charity to get all the money stolen from me back. Anyways this isn't the place for a tax rant :lol:

:lol: I know where your coming from MA! my dealings with the tax man is just like being mugged, but without the associated violence :bigsmile:

Wow, that was lucky Waynne. It's a real pain if someone asks if you still have the locking wheel mut when selling and have had people walk away in the past due to the hasstle of replacing or removing the wheel nut.

:lol: I know where your coming from MA! my dealings with the tax man is just like being mugged, but without the associated violence :bigsmile:

I know, at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask! A couple of my friends run companies. More often than not their work vans need new hybrid turbos too ;) PMSL!

Might start a company just for all the VAt deductable goodies :lol:

I know, at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask! A couple of my friends run companies. More often than not their work vans need new hybrid turbos too ;) PMSL!

Might start a company just for all the VAt deductable goodies :lol:

I'm sure I don't know what you mean! :lol: