Hit a fox last night

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We were taking the A3 to the cinema last night and on the way home we had a Kamikazee Fox run out in front of us.

I could see it all happening in slow motion and even had time to warn my wife who was driving that there was a fox and to brake hard.

It hit us pretty much square on but there was NO damage done to the car, not even a scuff! The poor fox was killed ourtight. :(

murderers!! :amuse:

as long as the cars ok sadly its just one of those things that couldnt be avoided! is the wife ok? i know when my mrs killed a cat (the first 1;)) she was quite shook up and felt really guilty:sad2:

She is pretty shaken up by it. Thankfully she kept full control of the car throughout and didn't swerve out of her lane into other traffic or spin out. I was quite impressed really.

Happy days. You could have just saved the life of 5-10 lambs!! Witch with any luck, will end up in the form of Chopps on my dinner plate.

Well done Waynne :D

hopefully youi stiopped after to assess the situation, lobbed the fresh fox in the back of the car and its now safely shaved and stowed away in your freezer? am sure its tasty.

At least it wasn't wearing armour! A friend hit a fox in his car and really messed up the front and took out the suspension on one side. You were quite lucky really.

Foxes should have to have insurance to use the road. BANG out of order maaaayte! Take him to court, where there's blame there's a claim.

i hit a bird this morn, it came across me when i was on motorway and bounced off the windscreen, scared the beejesus outta me

The fox hunting brigade justify their activity by telling us they're only culling the foxes to protect their farm animals and that they only cull the weaker foxes.

What they've forgotten is that by culling the weaker ones is that they're enhancing the gene pool of the remaining stronger ones, thus creating 'super' foxes which do more damage to farm animals and poultry!!

i hit a bird this morn, it came across me when i was on motorway and bounced off the windscreen, scared the beejesus outta me

I took two pigeons out at the same time a couple of months or so ago. Was so funny I saw it all unfold.
Was booting it down some country lanes and I could see them before I got there fighting in the air. Just as I got close to them they both swooped down and BOOM...
Both hit the screen and bounced off. One either side of the road and landed in the hedges, feathers all over the place.

Meh. My inlaws are farmers and have their own chickens. Foxes are the bane of their life, despite how well you secure the compound the beggars always find a way in. Foxes are vermin, the townies just think they're cute. Funny that there's no "save the rat from slow poisioning" campaign?