The snowy roads were scary last night

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Driving back from London in the snow last night, was one of scariest drives I've ever had.

The roads were starting to freeze up, the traction control light was flicking on most of the time.

At points it was so heavily snowing visibility was down to a couple of meters!

You couldn't even make out the road markings or work out which lane you were in! To top this off there were idiots driving at far too great a speed and skidding out left right and center!

Go careful if it's due to snow and if you don't have to drive it's not worth the risk. Being stuck in the car in sub zero temperatures is no joke and could endanger your life!

What's it like where you are?

I left work at 1615 today. It's a 20 minute drive or 1 hour walk.
I'm not even half way home as I type this at 1811.

Quite a harrowing drive, with a few near misses on me and tail gaters!!

Have seen pics on telly and it looks cold and dangerous so hope you have the winter tyres fitted and even better if they have studs. Stay and drive safe everybody :)

More pics on the telly and if I was living there then I would be safely curled up in front of a log fire with a hot toddy and not on the roads.:)

PS forgot that I am teetotal so better make that a skinny flat white coffee :lol:

By yesterday mid morning it was all cleared and a thing of memory in Bournemouth.

I feel for the poor drivers stuck for 17 hours on the road!
One of my colleagues, who lives in Southampton, left the office at half one. Got home at 2 in the morning. 30 miles in 12 and half hours.
He actually averaged a higher speed than me; he managed 2.4 mph, I managed 1 :lol: