Need twin charging help and info on my BMW m50b25 single vanos

BMWADAM

Car
Bmw E36 325i
Hi all just started stripping my BMW m50b25 single vanos engine for a full rebuild including 3mm MLS head gasket, iv bought an eaton m45 supercharger for low end boost and wanted to no if I could add a turbo such as GT30 or similar for midrange and topend power. Am I right in thinking in this order? Air filter > turbo > supercharger > throttle body > plenum or I'm I totally wrong? Plus where would my MAF go? Any help I would be greatful thanks in advance.

Mapping and fuel ratios are critical.

AFAIK the throttle body should go BETWEEN the turbo and supercharger or you risk a broken supercharger when you lift off.

A small turbo is all you need, bear in mind that you don't just add the boost levels together they do compound each other so for example a 2psi supercharger and 2psi turbo would produce 9 psi of boost as one is compressing air that is already compressed!

There is an article on this on the main site that covers the basics.
http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/twincharging.php

Thank you for that I knew I was right in a kind of way thanks for your help will soon make a thread of my build once iv all my parts together!

What would be an ideal small turbo? Tdo4 maybe? Only looking to boost total of about 13-14psi as running it as a daily driver on standard internals. Thanks

the turbo needs to be big enough to be able to deliver the volume of air the supercharger needs, but something like a gerrett t28 or a tdo4 19t should do the job just fine :)

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Not bad really for space to be honest but it might start getting tight once everything's together.

This is one heck of a project and I am interested. OK, I'd not be looking to do anything like this with my current (or any other) car but it'd be nice to see if it's possible to retain all the original features and facilities of your car.

Some people have said to me that I could fit a supercharger in place of the AC compressor. No way would I remove AC from any car.

What's your ultimate goal mate? Near supercar performance or supreme dirveability and comfort?

Keep us up to date - it's a very very interesting project.

This is one heck of a project and I am interested. OK, I'd not be looking to do anything like this with my current (or any other) car but it'd be nice to see if it's possible to retain all the original features and facilities of your car.

Some people have said to me that I could fit a supercharger in place of the AC compressor. No way would I remove AC from any car.

What's your ultimate goal mate? Near supercar performance or supreme dirveability and comfort?

Keep us up to date - it's a very very interesting project.

Hi mate my goal is trying to get 400+ bhp on standard internals also the e36 is fully stripped out apart from dash and steering wheel ect, iv already a welded diff, going to chop roof off and make a pick up as well as all the engine work, semi cage reinforcing the chassis from the missing roof. Big job will be done probably this time next year if I stay busy at work.
I'm just really going for a fast street/drift car with a difference all my mates are jap fans I just really wanna prove them wrong as they say bmw's are #!#!#!#! for boosting.
I'm thinking of moving my alternator to the ac side and putting my charger where the alternator should be and then turbo will sit above the alternators new location. Also want to do a custom oil filter housing delete and relocation of oil filter with a cooler. Will also be adding intercooler and a charge cooler air/water type for my boost cooling.
Big project I no bit with help off anyone out there it can be made possible!!

Sorry mate no idea how the phone thing works, I think my 5 year old has a better chance of helping you with that, lol .

Use a free image media like Photobucket.

You upload your photos onto their website, then as you look at your stored photo you will see 4 dialogue boxes underneath the picture.

*At this point you need to have both websites (Including TorqueCars) open to make transfer much easier*

You click on the bottom one and then click "Copy" you then go back to your open TorqueCars reply box and then right click your mouse in a space then select "Paste" this will then put a forum friendly weblink in your reply box. Then click on the word "Preview" which is just underneath your reply box and you will then see how your photo will look before you click on "Submit" to upload it onto the forum.

Any other problems with this then don't hesitate to ask us, we will not bite or shout at you, that's a promise ;)

Great - I'd like to see them, this does sound like a fascinating project.

Hello again people! Had a nice trip to a car boot sale this morning a stumbled across a brand new never been fitted m24 turbo with .70 a/r t3 housing supposedly for an evo, only priced at £100 it was silly to walk past without putting my hand in my pocket!!
Just hope it's not to big for my project as this thing is bloody huge!

Just got photobucket so hope this works!

null_zpsd6ac38bc.jpg