need advice please..know nothing about turbos!

B

bias

Hey everyone, pleae help, i know ive written a lot...sorry!! Basically want to know about a turbo to fit onto my 1.8 i focus.....

Ok, got a 2001 Ford Focus 1.8i. Done my bit of personalisation, colour coding, lowering etc...looks smart. Ok had it 2 yrs, getting bored of the power now...so instead of flogging it and buying something else with a bit more poke, i figure why not spend the money on the car itself.
So, ive looked into basic tuning, done research etc etc, cams, filter, exhaust, bigger jets, pbv, chip.. blah blah. but its all a load of poo, looking at like £1500 for 30 bhp....poo.
So I start searching for a turbo i can fit onto the engine. And ive seen one on ebay for £1000. It states, you can bolt it sraight on, and run it with the standard ecu setup!? For i think 6 - 8psi's worth of boost. ( Item number: 8053955444 )
All id like to know is, does anyone think it would be ok? Would the boost be decent enough for a grands worth of my money? Or are there better ways of doing this? My budget is £1500! PLEASE Advise!! Want my car a bit quicker off the ol marker!

Looks like a nice kit really. Turbo'ing usually leaves you with alot of power for the money, especially when the whole set up is that cheap.. You can get the actual turbo unit dirt cheap, as so many cars have turbo's, but all the fixings amount to alot of money. The manifold isn't stainless steel, which isn't perfect, but at least it's included in the offer.

Would you be fitting it yourself? You would probably need larger injectors and a standalone ECU to run this sort of set-up.