My project

Thought this would be the best place for this, so here goes.

This was my car when I first bought her a few years ago
DSC00205.jpg
DSC00206.jpg

and this was after her first 'facelift'
DSC00364.jpg

She now, however, looks like this
DSC00684.jpg

Interior is stripped out apart from the dash
DSC02162.jpg

She's having some body mods done, including de locking, shaved door handles and a few other things.

Her new colour scheme will be green and black.

Here's my engine bits ready to go on her
DSC03393-1.jpg

Got the strut braces done too.

They all have rainbow shimmer in them so look pretty cool when the sun hits
DSC03388.jpg

I've also just had the wheels back

From standard silver
DSC00645.jpg

to
DSC00679.jpg

They are all powder coated so the engine bits should happily cope with the engine bay heat as they were baked at 200C anyway :D

Just been out today and removed the door locks and handles too
DSC00771.jpg

Still got loads of work to do :lol:

Very very nice! :bigsmile:

looking loverly

Now, I have to question the sanity of those who think rubbed down red paint and space saver spare wheels look good on a probe :lol: But as you admitted Mickie, loads of work to do but she'll look good when you're done. I like the colour scheme you've gone for, what colour is the body going to be?

i love that inlet manifold, (and the rest of the car too :lol:) get some more pics up soon!

Sorry for the delay in answering
redface.gif

The body is going to be green - here's the colour :-

Sugar_Apple_Pearl_Custom_Paint.jpg

Thinking of maybe adding some black flake to the first clearcoat too ;)

I'm not much good at photoshop, but here's my concept :-

Greencopy-1-2-1.jpg

There's a lot to do still.

Update on the doors too . . .

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

Did the tailgate too

Wiper motor removed
DSC01205-1.jpg

Washer jet hole
DSC01206-1.jpg

Ended up using the Upol stuff that timmy recommended for the bumper blending (Many thanks, timmy :cool: )

Leaving it to harden properly before I do anything else.

I was a bit wary doing it, but once I'd started slapping it on there, I was well happy.

lovin where this is going my only concern however is the manifold, they get waaaay hotter than 200deg C not that i know much im a complete noob at car stuff so all i can really say with 100% certainty is more power to ya elbow.

So far Dave has powdercoated quite a few of these manifolds and they've been running on various other Probes without problems, so fingers crossed should be fine.

Once it's fitted and been ran for a while will be the true test :D

looks like a big project.your starting from ground up i like watching how these projects progress to the finished car all sprayed up and ready to go cruisin.keep us posted on your progress

I will indeed.

The weather is going downhill again, so she'll be under wraps again for the winter.

It didn't take long at all to do the filling, but remember that is only the base and it was never intended to be flush, more just to fill the major area. I purposely overfilled so I can sand down later.

As for the surrounding excess, the whole car is getting rubbed down so it really is no big deal.

Sanding/skimming/sanding still to come.

Last edited:
lovin where this is going my only concern however is the manifold, they get waaaay hotter than 200deg C not that i know much im a complete noob at car stuff so all i can really say with 100% certainty is more power to ya elbow.

It's only the inlet mani and you'd better hope they don't get that hot or you inlet temps would be 100 degrees c lol.

why is there always one that will make fun of someones lack of knowledge, i didnt see him state that it was an inlet manifold but then i may be blind i think he said "engine bits". not everyone may be as car savvy as you so please allow for that before poking fun.

why is there always one that will make fun of someones lack of knowledge, i didnt see him state that it was an inlet manifold but then i may be blind i think he said "engine bits". not everyone may be as car savvy as you so please allow for that before poking fun.
Calm down, you're the one who made a poor, ill informed comment, as far as I can see MA was just correcting you.

Cheers claymore :D sorry mate no harm meant. I wasn't taking the mick things just come across wrong in text form sometimes! Very rarely do I take anything seriously ;)

Something else I'm going to have done is have the tailpipe ceramic coated black ;)

I think it would look pretty smart against the green bodywork :D

Something else I'm going to have done is have the tailpipe ceramic coated black ;)

I think it would look pretty smart against the green bodywork :D

I've seen this done on other cars and it's looks good if done right. Very subtle as well.

Well I have never seen this done before! I would appreciate seeing some photos when you have had the work done, it sounds like a nice combination :)

I've seen this done on other cars and it's looks good if done right. Very subtle as well.

I've never seen it done before, but the guy I know does this stuff was talking about ceramic coating pistons and exhaust manifolds.

I just thought that an exhaust done would look well smart and fit in well with the overall green/black theme :blink1:

Think I will just add something so I get updates, always thought the ole Probe was under appreciated, this is going to be a real in your face car.... love it

With the amount of Fibral you are using I hope you bought shares ;)

Think I will just add something so I get updates, always thought the ole Probe was under appreciated, this is going to be a real in your face car.... love it

With the amount of Fibral you are using I hope you bought shares ;)

Hello Jagz where have you been? it's good to see you back :D

I developed a habit of lurking :blink1:

I have been about a little bit, was thinking about sticking one of my projects up :blink:

Fun is what this car is all about :bigsmile:

Some of the stuff I'm doing I would never have dreamed of even a couple of years ago, now I'm just enjoying myself. :bigsmile:

Fun is what this car is all about :bigsmile:

Some of the stuff I'm doing I would never have dreamed of even a couple of years ago, now I'm just enjoying myself. :bigsmile:

Haha thats awesome man! I hope to do the same later down the road. Goodluck, and keep us posted :D

Well hello people!!

I've broken my cardinal rule and been out working on the car in the freezing cold :blink:

As part of the smooth theme, and no keyless entry and start, this is what I was upto.

Here's some pics :-

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

Well for my project, I need rid of the key, so as well as no door locks, or handles, that means no ignition barrel . . .

. . . however the stalks/clock spring stuff screws onto the ignition housing :evil:

No to be put off, out comes the grinder!! :cool:

And bye bye steering lock!!

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

Once that was done, off with the rest of it.

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

. . . continued in the next post due to image posting restrictions ;)

. . . continued from last post

The main innards comes out

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

And this is what's left!!

DSC_0173.jpg

So now, when it all goes back together, and the cowling goes on, look :-

DSC_0174.jpg

A nice hole for my push to start button :cool:

And all that's left is the mounting points for the stalks, etc :cool:

DSC_0175.jpg