My MX5 project

Hi everyone. :) I've had a Mazda MX5 for the past 6 years and have done loads to it over the years. I know its now to everyone's taste, but here's a few pictures anyway.

side1-[Desktop-Resolution].JPG

Hardtop.JPG

back-[Desktop-Resolution].JPG

steering-wheel-2-[].JPG

Front.jpg

Its a 1997 1.8 fitted with an emanage blue thats currently running my supercharger with 150mm crank overlay and air water intercooler. I have larger injectors, uprated pump O2 clamp, an Innovate LC-1 kit and a knocklite sensor.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to tuning and but have managed to fit and tune everything myself. I am running about 8psi and am looking at upping the boost a bit more.

I'm also planning on fitting water/methanol injection so I've been reading up on it and am on the look out for a kit.

Re: Noobie to this site.

Hi & welcome Fluke, I think after all you have done you don't need to call your self a noob! :bigsmile:

Your post got held up because you do not have permission to post links & images until you have reached ten posts, after that it's all good! :D

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

The car looks great, I bet it goes as well as it looks, have you got any performance stats for it? It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next.

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Thanks for the replies and kind comments.:D My car is still a work in progress, and I have no idea what kind of power I am making at the moment as I've not had it on a rolling road. I know its probably no where near as powerful as some of the cars on here.:embarrest:

I tune by taking it for data runs and adjust fuel and timing accordingly, the Knocklite helps keep everything relatively safe. I have a set of larger injectors to go on along with a smaller supercharger pulley, but I plan on reducing my intake temps by fitting a larger radiator for the air/water intercooler and fitting a water/methanol injection kit, before I go for more boost. I also have a new stage 3 clutch to go in, as the current OEM clutch has started slipping. :embarrest:

Everything is a learning curve for me at the moment, I'm only just getting to grips with understanding the tuning process. What I really want is more low down torque.