My Little Polo - Part 2

Time to get the ball rolling on the new one :D
Old car is 1995 new car is 1998
P010410_1729.jpg

P010410_1952.jpg

Last edited:
Yep that's the plan :D , then I am going to completely strip the old one so I have spares for my new one.

I would if I could but after the crash there's too much that needs to be repaired to put it back on the road =[

HaHaa yhh I took the shocks and the alloys off my old polo and put them onto this one.
Keeping the old polo for spares but I am selling the spares off as well if anyone needs any.
Keep posted this car will be a looker when its finished ;)

Next thing is going to be the engine.
I am going to completely de-cat the exhaust.
then make myself a 4 into 1 manifold
Then planning on fitting 1.6L injectors then getting the engine mapped myself if I can find out how to do it.

Ermm im not too sure now.
-Im thinking to tint the back 3 windows again for security purposes plus I really dont feel comfertable when im driving and people drive past and look in my car.
-Then im going to smooth the rear tail gate again thats gonna take another £20 of body filler ¬_¬.
-Then move the number plates around and
-Fit l.e.d.s into the interior again.
-Car could do with some seat covers.
What I dont get is this a 13yr old polo 1.4 8v thats bound to of lost a few horses, and ive been out and about driving with my mates and they all turn around to me and go why is your polo so quick and fast. This was coming from someone who has a new vauxhall astra 1.4.
So Mainly after those mods have been done I am going to focus on the engine. Probably going to turbo charge it.

because the polo weighs naff all compared to the ashtray

will filling the recess with filer not crack with the amount needed ? better getting a plate welded in and a thin coat of filler

Yh i was thinking to weld a plate in there. After the tail gate has been smoothed im going to save up towards turbo charging the engine.

ok i dont mean to piss on your bonfire. So far the car is lovely, but trust me mate, just focus on the looks and sound atm. The amount its going to cost to turbo charge that engine plus make it reliable is going to be stupid you also have to account for new exhaust, new brakes, new tyres, to cope with the speed and power, maybe uprated gearbox, diff engine internals, fuel lines, injectors... unless your proving a point that you can turbo charge a 1.4 polo then go ahead. I would use the money maybe to buy a polo GTI... because im sure your not going to ring up your insurance company and say that you are turbocharging it so if another 4x4 just happens to pass your way its goodbye 5-6k. Im sure some one will correct me if im wrong but dont worry mate i wanted to super charge my 1.4 rover when i was on here a few years ago !

Yh i was thinking to weld a plate in there. After the tail gate has been smoothed im going to save up towards turbo charging the engine.

My freind had a saxo and done this. It works a whole lot better, that much fill WILL crack with the temp change and flex of the body, even shutting the boot may do it. This is the way foward.

to be honest if your gonna turbo charge an engine, i would do it to a bigger engined car, or buy an already turboed car, i want to turbo mine when i get a vts, but the kits ive seen cost about £1000, thats alot of saving, esp being so young, i would love to do it for the expeirience,

turbo's were made to get the most out of small capacity engines, so you dont need a large engine!

but tbh, its a very large sum of money to lob into a polo you'll likely write off within a month of completing it, if you ever do.

there are easy cheap bodge ways to turbo an engine, which will work well and run, but never to their full potential ( without destroying the engine).

or you can do it properly which involves changing cranks,rods,pistons etc,custom manifold and downpipe, milling head,new injectors, fuel lines, fuel pumps, new exhaust system, new brakes,suspension,arb's etc etc etc.

the point everyone seems to miss, is that bhp is just a number, it means almost sod all on the road. its all about power to weight, and lb/ft torque. bhp is just a figure for pub talk!
you have a very light car there, stripping out sound deadening, unneeded parts etc is very effective in making the car quicker, more power, less weight! and it wont cost you 2-4k that the turbo conv would!!

The plan is now, with the money i get from stripping down my old polo and selling the parts i am going to buy a broken polo 1.6. Take out that engine and ecu and soo on. Strip down the 1.6 engine and fit a new clutch, head gasket exectra and turbo charge the 1.6 myself and get it all ready to drop straight into my 1.4. Insurance wise they wont know that its a 1.6 as they look the same also im not too bothered about the turbo.

NOT A GOOD PLAN MATE !!!!!!!!

in the worst case scenario and you have an accident and they check the car they will find it is no longer the 1.4

for the difference in insurance itll not be much between the 1.4 and 1.6

if you are wanting to charge the 1.6 make sure you get a non alloy block