MrB's skyline RB30/25 gtst

new to the site, what a great place enjoyed reading a lot of the information

my currant ride is a nissan skyline R33 GTST, were currently finnishing an engine rebuild in the old girl but heres the spec and a couple of pics at the end

spec
Engine Spec

spec
RB30 vl commodore 3ltr block. skimmed and crack tested new sleeves core plugs etc
RB25 2.5ltr 24 valve twin cam head, gas flow and ported and matched and skimmed knife edged ports
Weisco custom made forged Pistons,
Crower billet custom made con rods,
Nitrided & knife edged crank olished & rotation assembly balanced,
billet allie crank with atached 32 tooth dry sump pully
280 degree 10.8mm lift tomie inlet gtr camshafts
270 degree 10.25mm lift tomie exhaust gtr camshaft
tomie gtr solid lifters , springs, retainers, shims, guides
GTR valves
0.9mm Steel headgasket,
ARP Main and head stud kits
1000cc top feed Bosch Injectors,
greddy 11mm billet fuel rail
HKS Iridium Plugs,
adjustable Camshaft pulleys,
Turbonetics GTK850 turbo (rated 875bhp at the wheels )
50mm racing External Wastegate,
Aeromotive 13110 adjustable race fuel regulator 700lph return,
Tial 50mm adjustable BOV,
SS custom T4 Exhaust manifold,
4" downpipe
Full 4" bore Trust Exhaust system 5” tailpipe
custom made ram ported side mount plenum
90mm throttle body,
Coolmist water / Methanol injection
HKS water cooled Remote Oil Cooler,
13 bar oil cooler radiator,
HKS superflow induction kit,
large 800mm core Front Mount Intercooler with hard pipe set up,
Greddy Aluminium race rad
1x holly blue 180gph fuel pump
2x bosch 044 fuel pumps
2ltr swirl pot
all aeroquip lines and fittings -10s -12 & -8 fuel line and water lines breathers and dry sump oil lines all braided
upgraded water pump
kenlow electric fans
custom IP Racing dry sump kit
electric power steering
Haltec E11v2 Plug and Play stand alone ECU,
Haltec Cold air temp sensor ( no AFMs )
Haltec 3 bar Map Sensor,
Haltech Idle Speep control valve
Haltech Throttle position sensor
Haltec Launch Control & full throttle gear shift
Haltec Anti Lag,
Haltec Data Login,
HKS db chrono gauges and control box

Nismo Front strut brace and brake stopper.

Transmission

Gsts Box with Short shifter Kit ( waiting for the box to blow before upgrading )
TS3b OS Gilken Tripple plate clutch

Brakes
356mm grooved Ap Racing front discs
K Sport 8 Pot Calipers front
Rear 300mm grooved discs
2 pot callipers rear
Nismo Brake Stopper
all Braided lines

Suspension
Apex N1 Coilover suspension with adjustable bump and rebound
Front and rear strut braces
Cucso Rear subframe locking Kit
Front adjustable toe arms

Wheels and tyres
For road Anters 294s
Front 235/40/18 good year eagle f1's
Rear 265/45/18 good year eagle f1s
custom billet 9x15s rears for drag use

Exterior
400r Front Bumper
400r Arch Externsions
Clear side and front indicators
Gandor Style Mirrors
Custom Bonnet Lip
Small bonnet vent
Nismo Rear Boot lip
61" Carbon GT Drift Wing
Respray in Black with custom Black to Blue flip Metalflake
SPM Racing Graphics Pack

Interior
no rear seats
Racing front seats
7 point roll cage
HKS cronoligcal slim gauges
Alu X2 steering wheel and gear nob
racing harnesses

click the pik to enlarge

Power isn't everything.....

..... it is the only thing;)

Will you be taking it out on the track?

not at lydden i wont the tracks too bendy not enough straights for this old girl and my drifting realy aint upto par lol

target aim has always been 800-850 at the hubs with the mods it should make the 800 easily if it makes more ill be well happy. if it makes less then the gtk1000 turbo i was going to fit later in the year will be going on sooner than planned :)

How much is it going to weigh?

lol weve already had that come up before lol i think thats on the cards at some point aint it OG

Last edited:
lol weve already had that come up before lol i think thats on the cards at some point aint it OG

A bit like a couple of gun slingers in the old west. You just HAVE to find out who is the fastest :)

Anyway, you haven't answered ny question :)

the tuner is working towards the hks drag series rules mate so his target aim is for the minimum street class 6 cyl allowed which if i remember is 6-Cylinder RWD - 1406kg inc driver minimum.

the tuner is working towards the hks drag series rules mate so his target aim is for the minimum street class 6 cyl allowed which if i remember is 6-Cylinder RWD - 1406kg inc driver minimum.

Crikey, that's heavy :)

Including driver? That makes it tricky if you manage to get very close to the minimum. I guess you will have to be careful what you eat the days before an event, a bit like a boxer before a fight having to make the weight.

Alternatively, make the car underweight and pig out when in competition :)

jump on the scales just before the race and either go grot burger stall or to the porta loo's lmao

once its running im gonna run it down the weigh bridge round the corner from work

jump on the scales just before the race and either go grot burger stall or to the porta loo's lmao

once its running im gonna run it down the weigh bridge round the corner from work

Is ballast allowed in this class?

LOL yes it is ;) your proper trying to get this weight out of me aint you lol

Actually, not this time :) I was wondering, if ballast is allowed, whether you would then be able to reduce the car's weight to the absolute safe minimum, then put the required weight back into the car in places where it would be more useful?

oooo just opened todays prezzies

my one piece prop is here 5.9kg lighter than original so all good :) and also my electric steering column with its ecu and dash controller have arived too all good no need for the power steering pump now so another pully bites the dust. 5 standard pullies now down to only 2 yaaay lol

the only two i cant get rid of are the Alternator and the dry sump kit. 5 down to 2 its a little bit less strain on the engine and a little bit more bhp and torque

yeah maybe i should read the spec sheet again
take it the dry sump ones to run a pump ? can you not run an electrical one or would the extra weight outway the benifit

lightweight pullies are still a pully strain on the engine no matter how small and an unecesary power drain ok may only be a couple of bhp but as it says unecesary ;) so if you can eliminate them completly then all good. the ones that you cant eliminate then yes there lightweight

the dry sump pump needed to be run off a pully driven pump i had no choice there, but i had a custom allie crank pullie made with a toothed pully mounted to the front to run the dry sump so nice and light and i must say a nice piece of engineering too. the standard alternator has been replaced with a smaller lightweight item with allie pully, mainly cause the standard one didnt fit in any more lol

pic of crank pully below i know someone is going to comment it isnt dampered but with the rotation assembled engine balancing done correctly and the fact theres no oil pump or anything to worry about it will be absolutly fine

Attachments

• crank, mount and dry sump pulley complete.jpg
    crank, mount and dry sump pulley complete.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
cage pics

cage2-1.jpg

cage22.jpg

cage23.jpg

cage24.jpg

cage25.jpg

cage26.jpg

cage27.jpg

cage28.jpg

cage29.jpg

OG has Carnorexia MrB!

I know you've stripped out a lot of weight MrB but looking at your pics you have probably gone to far - you will need pedals and a steering wheel and probably a seat! :lol:.

OG has Carnorexia MrB!

I know you've stripped out a lot of weight MrB but looking at your pics you have probably gone to far - you will need pedals and a steering wheel and probably a seat! :lol:.

Lmao

i do keep telling people this is a straight line only car lol what do i need a steerign wheel for lol

got to add brackets for the steering column and pedals

i do have a pic of the car with the seats in but there still in bags and looked like id stuck a couple of dead people in there

Holy sh*t. Just read through this thread. That's one damn impressive spec. Loving the engine. Very very nice. Dread to think how much you've spent fella. PMSL at the 450bhp estimate though :blink:

temptation got too much for me today, i purchased a NOS 6cyl Direct Port nitrous system for the car i also got all the jets i needed to set from 75bhp to 175bhp :)

was an absolute bargain so i couldnt refuse should have been £625.00 i got it for £350 brand new in the box , looking forward to delivery on tuesday now wooo hooo lol

lol just when you had enough power :lol: this thing will be faster than a gtr! this is gonna be the fastest thing on the road, would be ace to see it in the flesh

def not the fastest thing on the road but it will be pretty nippy, im gonna run the nos at 125bhp with the controller putting % shots in on each gear up to a full 100% shot in 5th. Strip use only obviously

its getting mapped at TDI so its a hub dyno shouldnt be an issue, the tuner dont want to put it on a normal rolling road so hes going to map it down there